3.16.2012

is anyone else ultra excited that the $1 Diet Coke at McDonald's just got a serious upgrade to the styrofoam cup instead of that cheap, make-your-drink-hot-in-two-seconds plastic cup?!!
Devin brought me one home the other night and I was psyched!

I am still dreaming about this diet coke I had at this Mexican restaurant on our little get a way last weekend with the Hansens.  okay...maybe i had 4 refills. {and i asked for one to go, but to no avail}
but with just the right amount of fresh lime and mixed with the mexican flavors. it was amazing. mmmm!

did i mention I am in love with 'books on tape'?
books on the iphone really. The last book I read {words & all} {besides my ongoing slew of parenting books to figure out that challenge that is being a mom} was in 2008. That is 4 years ago people!
i once sat at a girls night out dinner where the conversation centered on the latest books everyone had read. This & that. and Oh I loved that one....
I didn't say a word. and it wasn't because my nose was stuffed to china & back due to a ridiculous cold...it was because i hadn't read a book since 2008 people!

since i have discovered 'books on tape' last month. I have read 2 books and am halfway through my third. Hunger Games. loving it!
I am loving this new outlet. 
it has given me the gift of reading!!

I honestly loathe mopping the floors {especially because they look like a disaster one meal later} but have found it more enjoyable with my book in tow. I almost want to wait to do the dishes when the kids are asleep so i can plug in and 'read' while working. I am addicted ....and not just to diet coke :)

4 comments:

agirlnamedgay said...

Can I tell u my heart skipped a beat when I read styrofoam cup?!! Going to get one tomo. K u told have me sold on book on phone. Need to get that done. Love your addictions!

Kelly said...

Try sonic sometime....happy hour from 2-4 everyday (1$)

Jason and Kate said...

I'm addicted to both those things now too. I listen to my books while I go walking in the morning. I've read some good ones lately so just read the ATDC blog and check them out. I love it too because I feel like I'm a person not just someone who deals with runny noses all day. You should join my book club!

Miche said...

I know what you mean! When I listened to "the Help" on audio it was like I had a few new best friends to hang out with. I found myself wanting to do the dishes too just to have the time to sneak a listen. :) I highly suggest "the Help" on audio if you haven't cause it's read by 3 different people and so fun to listen to. Which ones do you recommend so far?