7.22.2009

Now that is has been a month...I figure I can blog again.

I am home visiting and am enjoying some Utahisms that I have to live without.
First of all it has been so fun to hang out with family and watch hughie run around with all his cousins. He is definitely able to "play" this year and having a blast. He begs to go swimming everyday and how convenient it is to have your own pool in the backyard!

Not to mention...I have already had 2 tasty turkey sandwiches with accompanying dill pickle and salad/soup. yummy. I partook delightfully of a steak cafe rio salad with cilantro dressing. mmmm. It was very good - but i have to say...sorry utahns... I still think chipotle steak burrito bowl (with corn & pico) Rules! It has more kick and fresh taste - no dressing needed.

I also have slurped down a fabulous coke slurpee and cooled off with a peachy jamba juice.
Lets not forget the smoked turkey sandwich dipped in bbq sauce with side house salad at The Dodo. scrumptious. (don't worry kate i will go with you, too!)
Geez - do you think devin's obsession with food has rubbed off on me??

I need to organize my pictures....they are coming soon.

One more thing I am lOvInG!
I don't know how i survived without it so long. Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide.
This product has saved my hair! My hair, not that it is anything great by any means (thin, stringy, doesn't grow...you know the drill) Anyways - it was feeling so dry and damaged and now it feels smooth and silky. All thanks to smooth down heat glide. I highly recommend it!

7 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

You should have seen the look on my face when I saw "smoked turkey sandwich dipped..." I just knew it was the DODO. I was getting sad but then saw that you will go with me when I get there. :)I'll have to try the Redken stuff. You are my tester then I buy the product. hehe I still need to buy myself a chi straightener. Can't wait until I come. Only a few short days.

Emily Reese said...

A jamba juice sounds really good right now, but food always taste better while on vacation. Love, Emily

Kelly said...

You are So funny! I can't wait to hang out. I much prefer the rat powder and knots in my hair...who needs smooth and shinney???

Ashley K. said...

I'm here too!!! I am drooling over the Dodo description too! I need to go. I have been hitting up all of my favorite spots too. Can't wait to try the hair stuff!

Erin said...

Hi! It's true, there are amazing things in Utah that you just can't get in Omaha; however, we miss you guys, the Green and Hy-Vee! The rorings

The Reichmans said...

I love the DoDo too! I was sad when they closed the one up at Gateway-it is so yummy. I hope you had a great trip to Utah and you better let me know the next time you come so that I get to see you!

Miche said...

hmmm. I'll have to try it- you know I am up for the secrets to touch up thin, stringy hair! :)
It was so fun to see you this summer a bit. Can't wait for girls' trip- so glad you are coming for sure.