10.15.2009




gIrLs rEunIon Vegas 2009

That's my liquid liner... give it to me .... NOW.
Josh, we need to talk....the problem is... we don't talk.

2 cars full of girls, trying new eyeliner, curling our hair, in pajamas till 100 pm, laughing hysterically, reminiscing all the way back to elementary, first impressions, what jeans we like, shopping and more shopping, lounging by the pool, good advice. mothering tips, pregnancy (there were 4 of us!), marriage, hobbies.
opening up about who we are and how we have grown in the past 10 years. sharing our challenges & struggles. and our strengths.
Who knew there could be constant chatter for 3 days straight.

We would go out to lunch and end up spending an extra hour chatting away. the same thing happened at dinner. then we would go home to discuss some more. Out by the pool...more chatter. late into the night...the conversations didn't stop. We had so much to say.
AND IT WAS SO FUN.

I came home a new person. Rejuvenated! Multiple people commented that I was "glowing."
And the thing was...i wasn't even in a slump before i left. (so i thought) It was just so refreshing and fabulous to have so much quality girl time with my dear friends that i love!

usually when we get together we have kids with us or it is only for an hour and not everyone is there.... this was 9 girls in a house together for 3 days with nothing on the schedule. Perfect.

I honestly can't wait for the next trip! THANK YOU Jane for planning this reunion.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

wow, of the many "girls trip" posts I have read, yours by far takes the cake. You sum everything up so nicely. So how is that liquid liner...?

Jason and Kate said...

Looks like a blast! Your hair looks so cute. Did you get a new do?

The Reichmans said...

That sounds like so much fun-I really need to do something like that with my high school friends. I really like your bangs-they look really cute. Hugh is so cute-isn't it so nice when they can communicate so much better. It seemed like once Ry hit 2 his verbal communication exploded-it was like he has so much to say and all the sudden he was finally able to form the words. Now we can't get him to stop talking. I am glad you are doing so well.

Miche said...

It really was the best! :)