1.24.2010

4 weeks old!
I couldn't imagine life without this sweet little girl. I am in love.

hughie is lOvInG his little sister. Whenever he sees her he runs over and with a HUGE smile on his face starts half-way singing..."baby tobi" as he proceeds to give her a really soft nudge with his head (his way of hugging)
He is constantly requesting "hugs" as he wants to be close to his little "tobi"

This pictures documents our first morning "by ourselves" (without the help of grandmas or daddy). You wouldn't of known it by the looks of me (no shower, bangs sticking straight up, sweats, sleep-deprived eyes), but things went fairly smooth. I have had tons of help from the BEST of friends! They have brought me dinner & taken Hugh over to their house (almost daily) to play or to the children's museum and given me the morning off! What a blessing to be surrounded by good friends who look out for me.

Hugh is on a serious CARS phase. He got a bunch of CARS for Christmas and CARS paraphernalia from mama michi & mama kaky...and to say he is obsessed is an understatement. Here he is lying next to his "May Puh" (mater puzzle) on his "Queen Po" (mcqueen pillow -- that he insists on sleeping with)

He loves to line up his cars like a "choo choo" train. (he inherited the OCDness from Devin) He probably asks me 100 times a day where is Dinoco McQueen car is. His favorite right now. We read these tiny CARS board books every nap & before bed and he literally has them memorized. The BIG RACE. McQueen's Big JOB. It's A TIE. LUiGi's Tires. Mater's New PaL. TRACTOR Tipping.

Since we don't leave the house.... we have to get creative throughout the day so we all don't go crazy. We have spent a lot of time playing blocks. Mama Kaky taught Hugh to make a "wide base" to build on. So every time we get the blocks out he immediately starts saying "....a base."

7 comments:

Morris Family said...

hey girl!!! tomi is so so cute! ok, so jake is OBSESSED OBSESSED with cars too! it is the only movie or show that he will actually sit and watch... he also makes a 'cars' train and i took a pic of it a few weeks so i'll have to post it soon :) so are you guys moving to az??! you'll have to let me know!

Jason and Kate said...

I'm laughing how he repeats what mom taught him "base." lolol! Funny because Wyatt does the same thing when giving hugs. He just started doing it to his animals and us. He thinks putting his head on them equals a hug. Must be in the Church gene. :)

Andrea said...

Hey looks like you guys are managing great! I am laughing at our parallel lives. Right now cars are lined up on my carpet just like Hughies. Simon has just noticed that Hughie has Flo and now we are admiring the puzzle and pillow . . . all the while Carmen is sighing on my shoulder post-feeding.

Oh yes, and PJs still on, hair all over the place and fuzzy teeth!!

Robin said...

I read about Hugh and think that maybe Diego and him are twins. Ok, maybe ones Japanese and one's Mexican. But other than that, twins. Diego carries around a McQueen car with him EVERYWHERe he goes. And he builds things daily. Twins I tell you!

Miche said...

So fun! It makes me so excited for a little bundle of my own. That's great Hugh loves the baby- I hope Maile feels the same way.
Hey- did you get the little package I sent your way? Nothing big but just wanted to make sure it arrived. :)
Love, Miche

Lynn said...

becca! wow you just had another baby?? so cute! and your son is adorable! hope you're doing well.

Becky Slivka said...

I think Tomi is so cute - I think it's always so overwhelming when all the help goes home! At least he has an obsession to keep him busy! Congrats again.