I felt defeated. Before bed I opened up the Ensign and read an article about motherhood.
"...how grateful I am during those moments for the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ...to know that my work as a mother -- and it IS work -- is the most important thing I could be doing in my life and is worth every effort...Through His tender mercies, a loving Father in Heaven allows those days of absolute exhaustion to come punctuated with moments of incandescent joy."
I needed that!! What a profound statement. It is so true.
My frustrating moments were coupled with the sweetness of my beautiful children.
A smile from Tomi. Rocking in the chair all squished together on the tiny cushion..Tomi in one arm and hugh in the other singing primary songs. Hughie & me reading stories cuddled on the couch while Tomi took a nap. A sweet, "Thanks mimi make dinna (dinner)" from Hugh (even though he didn't eat one bite). Hugh's contagious giggle. His extremely soft hugs for his little sister. The excitement in his eyes when Tomi wakes up and he gets to see her. How he invites her to "play car garage" with him. The cute sentences he puts together all day. The sweetness of my baby girl.

Makes you love motherhood!
I keep telling myself that I need to cHiLL..... just let things go and don't be so uptight. choose my battles and then let the others go. But it is hard to change overnight. I am working on my patience and praying for more! And am so glad when DAD comes home!


5 comments:
Feel ya on that one! Indoor days are the hardest! Even with my "babyproofed" house Diego manages to find a MILLION things that make me want to scream NO!
So true! I've been praying for patience myself even with one kid (the one nap thing is killing us all). But the great moments always outshine the bad. Tomi is SO cute. I love that Hughie invites her to play garage with him.
I can relate to all this 100-thousand%!! My Emma is such a crazy firecracker as well, and SUPER easily bored during these cold winter days spent inside. So many nights, after getting scolded all day long, she goes to bed crying because I've yelled at her for getting out of bed again, or jumping on her bed (again), or taking off her jammies (again) - you get the idea.
And I always go to bed feeling terrible about myself! So it's great to hear someone else share those feelings, and share such wonderful spiritual guidance to give me renewed hope for another day. Thanks, Becca!
Thanks for your post. I couldn't agree with you more. About a year ago, it was the hardest time for me with a same situation-energetic 2 year old, a baby, and dreary winter weather... It's still hard, but things have gotten definately better. I hope things will get better for you soon!
Baby Tomi is so gorgeous!!
Post a Comment