From the minute I spotted Devin in his graduation robes I felt something special. Perhaps it was his debonair- ness in his professional graduate get up :) He did look really handsome.
I tried to keep Hughie entertained while baby Tomi slept in Papa Hugh's arms. Luckily Auntie Misa, who is always prepared!, handed me some books to distract him. I kept telling him to look for daddy as he was almost up. Then, his name was called, and devin walked forward with his Dad as his escort and was "hooded." My heart was beaming and filled with intense feelings of happiness and pride {the good kind} as I was so proud of my husband. It was as if all the struggles, the high's & low's, the good times, the years of studying, the challenges, and the friendships over the past 4 years were all exploding within me.... and it brought me to tears. I felt the spirit filling my heart. I let hughie stand on my lap as Devin was being hooded and as he was walking back to his seat, Hughie yelled out...."Daddy....Daddy." Devin heard and gave a little wave to his son. It was precious.
What an amazing accomplishment. You made it! You did it!
Devin T. Matsumori DDS.
crazy.

Perhaps Mr. Orangutan felt a shimmer of what i was feeling....
I had a big pit in my stomach leading up to graduation with the thought of leaving the village and saying goodbye to all our good friends. It was so hard to say goodbye.
We were so blessed to have so much family support come aLL tHe wAy to Omaha to celebrate graduation with us. Thanks to everyone for coming! We feel so loved. It doesn't happen very often to have 11 people sleeping under the same roof in a 2 bedroom townhouse... sorry for the squish...BUT when else do you have that kind of hang out time?Thank you for the chill time. Thank you for taking my kids so i could pack or attend graduation stuff. Thank you for DRIVING so far to support our family. Thank you for cleaning, packing, lifting, organizing, & helping. Thanks for loving our omaha.
of course we had to go the zoo. enjoy some motherhood 'shabu shabu' (my NEW favorite japanese dish!!). walk around old market (and see my favorite talented-strings-playin family). and feel the power of Winter Quarters.
We also made a trip down to Kansas City to see a KC Royals baseball game. We were up in the boonies and it was so steep I was feeling a fear of heights. {maybe it was more...I was scared hughie was going to biff it down the steep stairs} It was slightly cool, but overall perfect weather. We stayed at the luxurious LaQuinta Inn. actually it is not very luxurious, but I Love the pillows and beds there. we have stayed there 3 times now and I am determined to buy the same pillows and mattress that they have. :)
We were able to visit the Liberty Jail (one of my favorite church history spots) and Independence, MO. And of course we couldn't leave Kansas City without a stop at Oklahoma Joe's. Devin was so excited to take his family there and it did not disappoint. It was fun to hear the whole family ooohing and ahhhing and the fabulous BBQ grub. Nobody appreciates flavors and good food like the Matsumoris.

We planned to bless Baby Tomi when everyone came to town for graduation. She is 4 1/2 months old and a very happy baby. One of my projects this winter was making her blessing dress. A neighbor in the village offered to give lessons to make my own blessing dress.....and I jumped at the chance! There is no way I could have done it without her....I don't understand that pattern language. Thanks Amanda! Don't look too close. {but I love how it turned out and am very proud of the dress} This little babe is such a blessing to me and our family. I am so honored to be her mother.
7 comments:
becca I totally cried reading this post!! i miss you girl! I hope you are having fun in arizona and just know you are amazing. love ya girl!!
Wow Becca, great job on the dress and congratulations on the Graduation! You are such a beautiful person, I can see it beaming off of you through your words. Love you!
Devin, Congrats on graduation! What a huge accomplishment! I am sure it's been a long road for all of you! Good luck as you start your career!
And Becca, great job on the blessing dress! I have recently started sewing and am totally addicted! I totally love it! Glad to see you guys are doing well!
Hey Becca! I am so happy for you guys. I remember Chad's graduation like it was yesterday. Such a great moment. On to the dress...WOW! Where did this crafty seamstress Becca come from? I am so impressed! When do you move, did you find a house? Can't wait to see you in June.
Congrats on graduating! I felt the same way and was surprised ti was so choked up when Matt was hooded. Graduate school was the best experience for us to get closer as a family and you kind of realize that's all coming ot a close and so many great things are coming. The blessing dress is amazing! She is so sweet. I think you live closer to me now so we will coordinate a time to get together.
Congrats Becca!! What a great accomplishment for both of you!!! Glad you had such a great time in Omaha- and sad we never got together!! I loved looking through all your pics, you little girl is such a cutie!!
JEALOUS! One more year for us, way to go Devin that's a huge accomplishment, you will be a great dentist I am sure!
Post a Comment