5.14.2013

I wish i had a snapshot of that moment.
my own personal photographer that could capture that moment in the permanence of a picture forever.

it was bedtime. not my finest hour. i usually have reached my breaking point a couple times by bedtime. i guess that's what makes this moment all the more special.

there we were gathered in hugh's room all five of us on the bed.
mae, from behind me, with her chubby hands wrapped around my neck, stroking my hair and giving me loves.
everett, between my legs, practicing how to sit. lunging for the story book. tickling. smiling. rolling around. drooling.
hugh & tomi on either side of me narrating the pictures in the book. each of them taking one side of the page embellishing the story of what each character was saying in a creative three to five year old world. we were laughing.

it was a little piece of heaven. for that moment.

and i'll take it.


1 comment:

Chelsea and Cody said...

O this moment is beautiful. I wish somehow you could have captured it, too. You explained it so well I felt like I was there:)