12.04.2007

making my mark!


just to let you know what i have been doing the past 6 weeks....

We bought new couches when we moved to omaha so they are hardly used. In the corner of the couch next to the end table (where I keep my water bottle, hughie log book, chapstick, etc.) is a new addition ....a permanent butt mark! There is a permanent butt mark in our couch from me! I am not kidding. I spend half my life there in that same spot (and used to spend half my night there, too -until i moved upstairs). Don't get me wrong...the couch has treated me well..it is just a sad day when you make a mark like that.


My new favorite morning routine is to nurse while watching the TODAY SHOW. good thing it is on for 4 HOURS every day. This amazes me. how can you find that much to talk about for 4 hours every day?? Well, they do and I appreciate it. I also recently started loving oatmeal. Just straight oats - the kind you have to boil in a pan. I make a big batch and then keep it in the fridge and heat a little section every morning. Topped with some milk and brown sugar...it is so good!

8 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

LOVE the Today show as well. I hate it when Jason is still asleep because then I can't watch it. I'm into oatmeal too because it's starting to get cold here. Are we sisters or what?

tim and priscilla said...

you probably don't remember me, we met at a game night a long time ago. it's tim hewlett's wife. your baby is so cute, and does he have blue eyes? i had my baby at the end of august and i love to see that someone else spends their time on the same spot on the couch watching the today show while nursing. i will admit, i sit on the other side of the couch when not nursing so it gets some use. and i totally understand the whole baby smiling thing and how it makes you forget that you are so exausted you could cry. well, he is absolutely gorgeous!!!

tim and priscilla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Reichmans said...

Bec I love you! I watch the today show every morning as well-they brighten my day, but I will say I miss Katie Couric. Hey could you email me your address or leave it on my blog? My email is anne_reichman@mac.com-thanks!

Dylan said...

Bekka! you rule ! that is so funny. Amy had the same routine too. I think all you mommas got to find something to occupy your mind while your get literally eaten alive! We are so excited to see you guys!

Lots O Love
Dylan, Amy and Tank

Anonymous said...

You are a lightweight. It only takes me about 20 minutes to make a mark on my leather couch.

Katie Webb said...

That is so funny. I can totally relate and now I'm going back to that stage, but with a two year old tugging on me. Man I'm getting nervous. At least this time I have Tivo.
Can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

hey guys!! i found your blog off the blakes! little hugh is so cute! we have a little girl about his age...check out our blog.