10.10.2008

My mom sent me this cute poem...in response to my last blog entry. I thought it was cute and wanted to share it with all. I do love my little shadow!!


I saw a young woman
With eyes full of laughter,
And one little shadow
Came following after.
Wherever she moved,
He was always right there
Rubbing on her skirts,
Jumping on her chair.
Before her, behind her....
an adhesive pair.

"Don't you ever get weary,
as day after day,
Your little tagalong
Gets in your way?"
She smiled as she shook
Her pretty young head,
And I'll always remember
The words that she said:
"It's good to have shadows
That run when you run,
That play when you're happy
And howl when you hum....
For you only have shadows
When your life's filled with sun."

3 comments:

Lant Family said...

what a fun poem! I also love the picture of you two.

Andrea said...

What a great poem! I think it's fridge material.

How far apart do we live lady--it's probably not that far is it?

Andrea

Mindylou said...

I love your poem! Oh, I love the little shadows, but I do appreciate them more some days than others. Hugh just keeps getting cuter and cuter!