1.22.2009

We were asked to participate in an etiquette dinner for the council bluffs, IA stake youth activity. It was so much fun! We taught the boys a little 30 min lesson on "etiquette" ....Let's just say I had to do a little research on this one! Devin & I led them through each step of a "date" scenario from "meet the parents" to dinner etiquette to the door step scene. (acted out by me and a young boy from the stake.... oooh. ooh) After the boys were efficiently trained by the Deebmeister and yours truly they were matched up randomly with a girl and then sat down for a 3 course dinner.
I had to make sure I encorporated all the etiquette I had just preached about! It was fun to get to know the youth and witness the awkwardness of a "first date" :)
We sat at a table with the cutest youth ever! They are so strong in the Faith of Jesus Christ even amidst challenging circumstances. I was so impressed. I loved each of their personalities and was strengthened by their examples. We watched a video put out by the church showing clips of youth from different countries around the world bearing testimony -- it was amazing-- the spirit was so strong and I felt that missionary feeling of -- so much joy --that these youth are so strong and love the gospel. What a blessing this experience was.

5 comments:

Robin said...

How fun Becca! What is your guys' calling?

Chelsea said...

I love it Becca- I can just picture you doing this, how fun!!
p.s. thanks for the advice, it really helped- blakie is finally getting better

Sarah said...

That sounds so fun, I love being with the youth! I am sure they enjoyed it too, and certainly couldn't have had a better couple show them the ropes.

a-hyde said...

Hey, will you tell your sis to add me to her private blog. I cant get ahold of her and she asked me some questions on my blog that i want to answer. thanks. abbyhyde@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing my head off. Did Devin show them how to load up their plates before the prayer is said so he can start shoveling the food in as soon as they say "amen"?