3.27.2009

rAndOm tHouGhTs

Spring is teasing us...We have had a couple of really warm, sunny, fabulous days. I even broke out the sunscreen and lathered up for a walk through the barren botanical gardens. (not too picturesque in march - but nevertheless a nice walk!)and now we are back in the 20's with a sharp wind blowing. I had to dig out the fuzzy boots (can't live without them) and hugh's coat & beanie this morning for some errands. Projected snow tomorrow.Oh WEll. Spring will be back. I have a feeling.

Despite my complaints about the frigid weather....I really do love it here. Anyone who is considering going away to school....DO IT! It isn't always easy, but that is one of the good parts about it. It has brought Devin & me closer together. We have had cause to lean on one another and figure life out together....because that is all we have. We have grown a lot out here and hope to continue on this path. Besides I really like being out "in the mission field" where you feel more responsible to fellowship investigators or new converts & support the missionaries.

The Hughmeister continues to make me smile almost every moment of every day. He gives sweet little kisses now that I love. He RUNS everywhere he goes and tries to climb up everything.The continual bruises on his head will attest. He spends quality time behind the couch in his "fort" or looking out the window. He is now saying "ball" (the brainwashing has worked) ...and that is about it. He is still obsessed with my shoes (including my high heels which drives devin crazy) You should see him sprint in those things!
And he has recently taken up a love for Hummus.
(don't know why this brand spells it "hommus")




8 comments:

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

I think it's awesome you guys moved away (even though we miss you dearly) but it's such a great experience and you truly grow so much as a couple. I think every married couple NEEDS to do it! It builds such an incredible bond! I loved it

Robin said...

Hugh I want to see you again! I think DIego and him would be best buds...food and running would bring them together! hahaha. OH and let's not forget battle wounds. They both sound like they do the same things.

Sarah said...

I also was so excited about the nice weather and wish so hard that it will come back soon! it was so sweet of Devin to pick up Ty's parents. when they told me he had offered i thought, yep that's Devin, always thinking of others. You guys are always so thoughtful, we sure miss you, but are glad you are having such a great experience out there.

The Hines Family said...

Could that container of Hummus(or Hommus) get any bigger?!?!?!?

petey said...

debo.

your kid is awesome.

looks like you guys are still living large in the mid-west...

Shelby said...

I can't wait to see how gorgeous a daughter is from you two b/c he is to die for cute and I can't imagine a girl. Oh, and p.s. my China stool broke about a week ago. :( Good ole Stu! Dave sat on it while we were playing a rip-roaring game of Candyland and the leg busted in half. I think I'll blog about it to remember it properly. Do you still have yours?

yosh said...

good-lookin kid.

Miche said...

What a beautiful little boy! :)