pinch me please. never in a million years did I think a friend would come to visit.I can barely get my own family to visit me :) But leave it to kelly. She has always been an amazing friend to me. Ever since she tapped me on my shoulder the first day of 7th grade and said, " i think my brother knows your brother..." And then suddenly she was waving to me every time i saw her in the halls -- since that time she has always been there for me & supported me. Like a sista...sta. We were college roommates where we primped on friday nights and blasted "come on over" by christina aguilera, where we knocked on some random guys apartment door and asked them to set up her computer, where we half way invited ourselves on a new year's trip to california with "ricky martin" Dave who took longer to get ready than we did, and where we both met our husbands. She wrote me on my mission and kept me updated on all my friends weddings while i was gone. I must have called her daily when i first had hugh to ask her how to get him to sleep, how to feed him, what to wear, how to pump,etc. She helped me so much!
While she was here we watched The Hills and it took me back when we used to watch party of five in high school and friends in college. Remember you used to cry after episodes of party of five? We roamed every aisle of Target late one night in our sweats, she ratted my hair and sprinkled it with "rat" powder, shopped, saw a chick flick, REDECORATED my living room. - i had to make use of her decorating skillz - (lOvE iT!), went to the zoo, were inspired at Winter Quarters, laughed and learned. It was so fun to have all that time together! It has been a long time. Lets do it every year!
Hugh was so excited after his naps to find his little friend.
checking out the gorillas (cohen giving hughie a kiss)
Cohen has got the "cheese" pose for pictures down pat.
Cohen is the cutest little boy. He is a chiller. He can sleep anywhere and doesn't even make a peep when he wakes up. He just sits up in bed and plays. wow. He kept giving devin hugs. Hugh wouldn't give a strange man a hug to save his life! kEllY & cOHen we miss you!
Thanks for coming.
10 comments:
How fun! That is great that Kelly came to visit. She is such a fun friend...and cousin! Your boys looks so cute together. I love that last one of your boy smiling...so adorable!
So fun that Kelly was able to come visit! It sounds like you guys had a blast together. I hear you about visitors in the midwest, it does not happen too much but when it does, it is so special!
How fun! I love Kelly too. I also invited myself on that trip to CA knowing only you and Kelly and drove home with two random girls whom I had never met. I'm glad I can say that I have been there so I don't get the guilt trip. :) Hugh looks like he can cheese it too. I love his new pic on your blog. I can kind of see the new decor where you changed the bookshelf but put some pics up of that. Don't worry I've almost got Jason convinced to come to Omaha/Nauvoo.
Laughing and crying! What a tribute...will you speak at my funeral?
that is so fun. glad that she made it out there. can't wait to see everyone in september.
Looks like lots of fun! If we ever get money, we'll come out and visit! Hugh is so grown up!
I enjoyed hearing about your friendship, although I don't know your friend. It reminded me of my earliest best friend brad. We used to do all of those things you said, except for rat our hair . . .
Friends are great. It's amazing how much a great friendship enhances life. Seeing the pics of VGreen reminds me of such fun times and fun friends. We miss it, but in an accepting way that still allows life to go on. Thanks for being baby monitor buddies with us. Such freedom.
How fun!! I was laughing at the Party of Five comment- we used to get so into those!! Who would've known Charlie would make his comeback on Lost and Claudia on Meangirls. :) he he.
That's so fun the boys played together- that age is so cute.
Glad Kelly could come to stay!!
love you both.
i wish i could go visit you too!! haha
There is nothing better than a visit from friends or family to make life seem fresh again. Cute little boys! Love, Emily
Post a Comment