6.06.2009

Me vs the wEEds.

and the wEEds won!
I got a most annoying case of poison ivy/poison oak while weeding pipsqueak weeds from my garden last week. what? I did however clean up a bunch of leaves from behind the air conditioning unit and perhaps they were compromised with poison ivy oil? I was wearing a long sleeve shirt and gloves because i did get a mild irritation on my arm last year while weeding.

But alas.....i was wearing shorts. Poison ivy/oak is no mild irritation...let me tell you. I would have taken a picture and posted it, but i don't want to induce vomiting. It is MUCH better now and continuing to heal. :) But i have given up on gardening for this year.




"I have been changed for good."
we went to WICKED with our good friends the Inouye's. It was amazing! I had seen it before, but this was devin's first time. I knew it was going to be good when in the opening song Devin looked over at me and said, "Oh baby!" Elphaba was an amazing singer and could really belt it out. Glinda was also equally amazing and so fUnnY! I loved it so much more this time seeing it. Perhaps it was the closer seats, seeing it with dEvin, or being on a date...
I completely lost it during the tender song between Elphaba and Glinda - "For Good" - I was so touched.








We are loving Summer.
Hughie is obsessed with eating watermelon, playing outside, digging in the dirt, playing with water and running away from mommy. (unless there is a loud noise or stranger approaching then he bolts towards me) He loves playing outside with all his little neighbor friends. They often chase each other around the bushes giggling in delight. When he spots one of them outside he gets so excited and has to join them.



enjoying his first ice cream cone

Sensitive little boy.
Hugh continues to be a sensitive little boy. He is terrified of nursery and gets nervous even when we talk about it at home. He now loves his loud superman car, doing better with the blow dryer, but continues to loathe the vacuum. I have him sit high on the couch away from the treacherous jaws of the vacuum to avoid hysterics. Here is a picture i captured of his coping mechanisms.

8 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

And she's back! Long time hiatus sis. Cute post. Wyatt hates loud noises too. He hates all the above mentioned plus when I put the water on to give him a bath. Do they ever get over it? We've been playing phone tag and you are now it!

Ty said...

It's good to see that Hugh inherited Devin's "sensative" side. Maybe when he gets older he will also get psyched and say "Oh Baby" when he hears the opening high note of a musical. Or maybe he will Tivo "SYTYCD" so he can watch it 24/7. Does DEBO still hide from the vacuum?

Emily Peterson said...

Funny question, but you know how when you click on your friends blogs, the people you have in common show up bold, I noticed you have Logan and Emily Deans as friends. How do you guys know them? Hope all is well, Hugh is a little cutie!

Kelly said...

I LOVED wicked as well...such a good musical! We need to catch up, it looks like you are having a great summer minus the weeding incident!

tim and priscilla said...

he is the cutest little boy ever! so, what are we supposed to do to get our boys to like nursery! tim and i saw wicked a couple months ago and we loved it. looks like you are having a great summer!

jaime said...

oh my word!!! you know my opinion is a bit tainted but I AM SORRY that boy is the cutest!!!! FOR REALS!!!! I am almost sure enough that you get stopped daily at the comment "what a beautiful boy!!!

Robin said...

I loved Wicked too! My mom took my sis and I for our bdays a while back. And I swear Hugh and Diego sounds very similar! Diego is sooo sensitive too. I have been taking him to the kids klub thing at the gym and you'd think they were torturing him in there the way he screams. he's improving though! Nursery is coming soon and I hope it works out!

Chelsea said...

I LOVE Wicked and have always wanted to take Ben with me to see it- I know he would love it, glad you had a fun time! Hugh is quite the little man now, Blake is sensitive too and also hates the vacuum. We will have to get together when we get all moved in and settled!!