And I must say that my cake making skillz have much improved since hugh's bday. { i didn't post a pic of that cake because it was embarrassingly ugly....but the funny thing is - he LOVED it and still talks about his "choo choo cake"} My chocolate peanut butter glaze is not quite dripping off like the one pictured in the original recipe.....oops! forgot to add the half & half. oh well!
somehow this chocolate deliciousness inspired a sugar cleanse :)

Hugh challenges me everyday. And at the same time constantly melts my heart and makes me laugh! He loves his 'sis' as I have officially nicknamed Tomi. He likes to almost kick, step on, jump ever so close, poke her eye, scream in her ear...always with a glance over his shoulder to see if I am watching. {and I am...do you blame me?} But at the same time... HE LOVES HER.He will run full speed ahead and just as he approaches baby sis he will slam on the brakes and deliver the softest kiss or brush his head so sweetly against hers. He is learning.
We have already been to the zoo twice since the sun decided to return! Notice the winter coats...it is NOT that warm yet, but it beats being in the teens. No lie...when the thermometer hit 40 people were out in shorts! Hugh loves to pile in Jack's stroller with him. At one point...brynne was pushing all the kids.
First night in a bIg BoY bed! I got ambitious one day and took apart the crib and transformed it into a big boy bed. Hugh was jumping in & out of the crib and so I felt he needed to be in a bed. I thought for sure he would fall out like crazy because he usually is all over the place when he sleeps. But he is doing great. I did hear him at 4 am one time flip on the light and run around for a minute. I didn't really care at that hour... We have had to instigate some "sleep rules" lately because he has struggled going to bed. "mimi...I awake!"
Tomi continues to be my 'angel baby' I can't get enough of her chubby-cheeked smile! She is so easy going and just goes along with whatever hugh & mommy have on the agenda for that day. She wakes up so happy in the morning full of smiles. She loves to be sung to and likes to kick her legs as she watches hugh run around in a crazy frenzy around her.
6 comments:
Tomi is adorable! Can't wait to see that cute smile in the flesh. I might just have to try that cake if I'm feeling up for a treat (only if the body bugg will allow of course). Can't wait for you guys to come to AZ.
She has gotten so big! I love her smile, and her chubby cheeks. I totally relate to how you feel about your two year old boy...they are a handful! Of joy!
She is so cute and getting so big! :) You're right I am totally loving being a mother of 2. I am laughing at all that Hugh does- Maile is so similar, loves Lucas almost too much and wants to kiss him "on the lips" all the time! ha! I have to keep an eye on her.
Sounds like you are just excited about the Spring as I am- I also purchased the big double stroller. I feel like I can plow over anyone in my way. ;) But it's so nice to get out of the house and take a stroll everyday.
Well, talk to you soon. Do you have a pick for the winner of Project Runway yet?
I don't know how I missed this post...that cake made my mouth water! Even if the choco wasn't dripping perfectly! Your kiddos are so cute...love the smiling Tomi pics!
She is so adorable - I love that open mouth smile of babies. Good luck with Hugh and his energy, I will say that is a HUGE perk to living in Arizona - Isaac goes outside everyday to play with a ball and run around and be crazy.
Your little ones are darling. I hope Zach and I get to meet Tomi before she is walking and talking. Emily Reese
Post a Comment