After the coldest, snowiest, no-sign-of-sun winter to date....nothing beats a blue sky & sunshine. Do Arizonians even appreciate the sunshine like those that have endured the dreary winter? probably not.
Through this past extreme winter of bitter cold & snow... ironically... i have felt some of my greatest happiness. I have loved the time spent with my little babe. My spirits have been high despite dreary day after dreary day...lit by the light that emanates from her.
But it does feel soooooo good to have blue sky and sun!
Hugh is turning into such a bIg bOy. Not only is he in a big boy bed now...but he has graduated from diapers and is now an underwear man! The first couple of days he was so proud of his underwear he would back up into his friends with his behind facing them and proclaim, "I undawear" {as if they could see the logo printed on the bum of the underwear under his pants} We followed the '3daypottingtraining.com' method which I highly recommend. Potty training was probably the furthest thing from my mind, but when i saw how well it worked with Jack, hugh's best bud, I was amazed and had to try it! We still have our accidents {poo poo has been a little bit of a challenge} but all in all he is doing fabulous and I am so impressed. And I am loving only buying diapers for one child.
We had a splendid Easter with beautiful weather, 3 Easter Egg hunts, a Conference breakfast with friends, and lots of family time.We colored Easter eggs { a favorite memory of mine} during one of the sessions of conference to keep little hands busy. He enjoyed watching the color tablets fizz in the vinegar and scooping the colored vinegar from bowl to bowl. He was not into the stickers or decorating the eggs much.
Baby Tomi continues to grow and loves to smile at her big brother, Hugh. Hugh affectionately mimics the way adults talk to baby and very sweetly smiles at baby and says in a high pitched tone, "hey...hey..." She loves to laugh and smile at hugh as we eat meals as she has a perfect view of him from her baby chair and he from his high chair. I have caught a glimpse of how fun it will be when they can play together.
3 comments:
We had sun today and we were outside for a record of 4 hours!!! So I hear yah! You will get plenty of sun soon...in AZ. When are you coming to UT?
We are soakin in the sun as well!!! I bet you are excited to move to a SUNNY place!! I really want to come and see you before you guys go. I have heard great things about your zoo!!! Hope i can see you soon. your kids are just so adorable
I feel totally creepy doing this but I'm really in need of some help...My husband and I are moving to Omaha this summer. I've been doing some major blog stalking/hunting to find some other LDS Mom's and wives to talk to and I stumbled across your blog. If there is anyway you could/feel comfortable about giving me advice about moving there I would really appreciate it! My e-mail address is mrsamandajane@gmail.com, if you are uncomfortable with this at all though I totally understand.
Post a Comment