We were given some spaghetti noodles & marinara sauce as a gift at a wedding shower... I dug those out and then remembered I had some frozen ground beef at my old 'single' apartment. Woo-hoo. dinner.
I proceeded to cook the spaghetti.
Devin arrived home just after 5 {after completing his shift as a teacher at the MTC}
to our tiny basement apartment steaming with cooking marinara a la ground beef.
The minute he opened the door and caught whiff of the food cooking..he let out a really loud mmmmhhh!!! {with much gusto} "It smells good in here!!"
I just laughed and grinned from ear to ear.
Let me preface with the fact that Devin doesn't even really like spaghetti. He is not a huge pasta man...especially plain old marinara & boring old ground beef. But to his delight...he now had a wife to come home to and one that would cook dinner for him! Does life get any better?
And there it began.....
I honestly didn't know much about cooking. And am still figuring things out. But when your sweet husband takes a picture with his big smiling face and the 9x13 pan of the first enchiladas you made...
Well....it is encouraging!
Not to say I am a good cook...but I am learning! Ever trying new things to please the palate of my overachieving-tasted-budded man.
I won't mention the time he INHALED this nasty, repulsive sweet & sour fish dish i made. It tasted worse than it sounds. I had worked hard on this difficult recipe...and when I took my first bite i could NOT take a second. Surprised, I asked devin if he liked it. He had basically dug in...and gobbled it down quickly {as to lessen the pain} so I wouldn't feel bad.
newlyweds :)
2 comments:
Even I get joy from feeding Devin! he honestly makes it fun to be around him when he eats! Excited to hear the "YUMMMMMM" and the "mmmmhhhhh" sounds this week!
I loved visualizing you and Devin in that moment! hah! I have to say I felt much of the same way knowing not too much about cooking before being married and all of a sudden being married to a carnivorous man who thought my pasta salad was a side dish! hahah Ive learned how to eat from him!
Post a Comment