when mae is deep-belly-giggling at hugh
when Tomi & Hugh are playing 'going on a trip to Utah' and packing their backpacks full of necessities {toys, blankies}
when tomi kisses mae's head and gives her big hugs
when h & t wrestle on the ground laughing
when tomi 'reads' mae a book while mae all the while is trying to grab it and eat it. both are smiling
when Hugh invites Tomi to go in the tent, play ninjas, or play baseball in the backyard together
"hugh...you have playgroup today...." 'Can Tomi come?'
when tomi lays her head on hugh's lap during church to sleep while hugh tickles her arm.
nothing ignites joy in my heart like experiencing my children having sweet interactions with each other.
it is true....the best thing you can give your child...is a sibling!
with that said. although quite a bit earlier than expected.
oh...little mae mae. we will be giving you a beautiful gift. unlike any other. and one that will bless your life forever.
we will be giving you...a little sibling.
H & T you can have in on the fun, too!
now to say I am not scared...would be a lie.
i can't even wrap my head around getting inside a store with 4!
i sometimes find myself internally in a panic. not sure i can really do this! 3 has challenged me!!
Do you know how often i get the comment, "You're busy!!" {as i push the double stroller while hugh runs around beside me} I smile and agree, but sometimes I am thinking to myself....you don't know the half of it, lady! {just wait till my belly pops}
As the world increasingly asks, “Are these all yours?” we thank you for creating within the Church a sanctuary for families, where we honor and help mothers with children.
Conference talk by Elder Neil L Andersen, "Children"
so I have my panic moments.
BUT all in all....I welcome this little bean to grow inside me. And I welcome with a grateful heart a new sweet soul to my family!
"Because we believe in Families and we believe in children."
Conference talk by Elder Neil L Andersen, "Children"
When I see the sweet smile of Mae...and it is soooo sweet.
i am filled with love.
and when i think of this sweet baby readying to join our family that familiar love engulfs my heart.
a baby is the best blessing in the world!! How can i not rejoice?
it is going to be a challenge, but what a beautiful challenge!
it is going to be a challenge, but what a beautiful challenge!
I keep telling myself....Grandma Egan did it! {her #4 {4 and under} was my own mother....and she is amazing. Grandma Egan did go on to have 7 more children. so i won't attempt to put myself in her same leauge. but there is hope & inspiration.
加 油!! {literal translation: add oil}

14 comments:
Holy crap I wasn't expecting to read that! congrats becca and devin. that's awesome. love haring about your simple mom moments- it's fun to relate. xoxo!
O becca! You might think I am lying...but when I saw that you had updated I thought to myself, "maybe they are pregnant.."! Weird, weird that I knew! I am grateful to you two for bringing these beautiful kiddos into the world...even if it is rough at times. I myself am getting more nervous, and anxious, every day for our boys to arrive. But what a blessing these trying times will end out to be! Congrats!
Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! It's good to be "busy" with children. I don't think there is a better "busy" to be. Best of luck. Looking forward to gender and of course more pictures.
Love it! I love that Hugh tickles Tomi's arm. Congrats....again!
party!
Is this one for me? I'm still waiting for one of your pretty babies! Good luck! And I can't wait to see how adorable this one is.
-Shelbian
CONGRATS!!! I love reading your blog and hearing all of your "Mom" stories because I can totally relate! You will be great!!
You are an artist at assembling your thoughts on paper...and an artist in the ways of nurturing. You are so patient with your children, and so loving. Yes, it will be challenging, but you are up to it. We CAN do difficult things---and this difficulty is wrapped in joy. There are those in your world who will offer you their support, but we all know that it will be mostly you. And knowing you since birth, when you arrived as a 3 lb 11 oz premie, watching you grow into womanhood, MOSTLY YOU will be enough.
Ahhhhhh! So exciting! I saw Marti's email and had to pop over to the blog to see what was going on! :) I am so happy for you and let's be honest, if anyone can do it, you can! ;) Your children all are so beautiful I bet it's fun to think about what this next one may look like. I have heard that it's great to have them "all at once" because you are doing lots of the same things for each of them! I am so happy for you!! :) Congrats!!
I agree with your Mom, your writing is so beautiful. You will be amazing, and I will be less than 4 minutes away to come and help! Your babies are beautiful, and I think you should be in Grandma Egan's league, and have a few more! Love you, and love that we are close again!
You will do GREAT!!! We are so excited for you!! Congrats!
Just to clarify, I am crying because the way you write and your perspective is so sweet - you are amazing!
My jaw just dropped and you go girl! That's great news! I really admire you Becca. You are a sweet and patient person. Can't wait to see you guys again soon!
Post a Comment