2.06.2012

LOVING....


now that I am 'part' Japanese.... {see here}
and most of my date nights are spent at Japanese or Korean restaurants...
one thing that can send me sailing is a good Japanese salad dressing.
if the salad is topped with gingery, carrotty, shredded goodness {with a zing}....
I am sold. I could probably drink it. 
I made teriyaki chicken the other night and wanted some carrot goodness to top my salad. I found this recipe and am addicted. like i said...i could probably drink it.


{don't be scared if you don't have miso paste.
 I was all out so i didn't add it...and the dressing tasted fabulous} 



quilting. 
I am at it again. 
my sister is having twins {a boy & a girl}!!
so I am creating some quilts for the the sweet babies! for the girl - I already had a plan.
already had material and was ready to go as soon as the ultrasound came through. 
The boy.....boys are just harder because so much of the material is made for girls. I am still stirring in my creative juices for the boy...but it will come. 




listening to Mormon Channel.
since I am on a quilting buzz... It is always nice to listen to something while quilting. 
I haven't always done this and I have no idea why because it is great!
I am loving the Mormon Channel. {especially the Enduring it Well series} and any conference talk at my fingertips. It is a amazing way to quilt. wash dishes. sweep. clean bathrooms. etc. 
Makes a mundane task quite edifying. 




organizing.
i am sooo not an organized person. I don't know if it was januarynewyearsresoulutionness that was working on me....or the fact that every drawer in my house was becoming a junk drawer and my laundry room a ginormous bomb.... but i knew something had to change. 
That was one thing i asked devin for for christmas....help me organize. 
I still have lots of work to do, but I am LOVING the new organization that has come to my kitchen. {since i spend a good chunk of my life there} and it gives me inspirations to keep the organization moving throughout the house!







2 comments:

Miche said...

Hey Becca- love the post! :) I forgot about the mormon channel- I used to listen to it all the time awhile back. I am going to start listening again as I totally agree it makes the mundane chores totally productive in more ways than one!
Also, I bet you will get tons of organizing ideas on pinterest- they are the best! :)
Miss seeing you. You are the kind of friend I want next door! :)

Kathy said...

I recently organized my laundry room and my bathroom which were both disasters. Such a good feeling. Now it is so easy to keep it up.