So the other day there was a slight chance my sister, kate, was going to make the trek out to Omaha and hang out. It was a very 'spur of the moment... hop on a plane' kind of a chance...and it only lasted for about 30 minutes ....then we found out she wouldn't be able to come after all. We both tried not to get our hopes up because the chance was very slim.
But I find myself going through withdrawals of the week that might have been!
I was starting to cook up activities and conversations, sushi outings and girls stuff for the two of us. Oh well...next time. First things first.
It is probably just as well...because Hughie has started taking marathon naps this week. He must be trying to hone his energy towards increasing that double chin. Seriously this morning he set a record... 9 - 1pm. Wow. (I am not complaining) Kate, you might have spent the week watching this boy sleep. (nahh)
We missed you, kate, and are looking forward to your future visit!

spring
So this morning I opened the blinds as I do every morning (i crave sunshine) and as I peeped through the opening slits i saw a rafter of turkeys (you know...kind of like a gaggle of geese).
It is spring time ...and the turkeys are out. ?? I walked outside to catch a closer glimpse and snap a pic and of course they skedaddled away. I followed them and they led me toward their other friends. Their must have been 15 turkeys just hanging out in our "yard."
(the picture doesn't do it justice because they kept skedaddling away and I didn't want to get too close (afraid of turkey attack)

saucer
Hugh has discovered the world of the 'saucer.' I went to a consignment sale last weekend and found this entertaining saucer for $12. Of course I spent an hour cleaning it with a slew of clorox wipes and my new favorite consignment cleaning weapon - the toothpick. It is fun to see hugh progress and warm up to things. The first time or two in the saucer he didn't know what to think. He kind of sat there and looked around and then wimpered to be retrieved. NOw.... he lOvEs it. He has figured out how to turn the cylinder to shake the little balls inside and grab on to everything. As devin would say (in a valley girl tone) "way fun"

7 comments:
I really hate to say this, but this boy has serious FP. He is looking more and more like a sumo wrestler every time I visit your blog. Oh well, Elias and Jackson started out like Sumos too and now they are both rails. Love and miss you guys sooooo much.
He is getting SO big! I can't even believe how old he is.
I wish I would have gotten a saucer thing for Lucy. I feel like she spent so much time just on the floor with a toy. Enjoy those naps--think of all the things you can get done? To bad your monitor wont reach to Target or something?
Jason still wanted me to come last night! What a sweetheart! It would've been fun but Hughie would have spoiled our sushi plans.:)
Avery loves the same saucer, minus a few of the toys, its already been through 3 kids what can I say. I am dying to see that boy. I think he is bigger than Avery now. She just weighed in at 16 lbs for her 6 month. What about little hugh?
Hughie is so CUTE!!! I just want to squeeze him! Turkeys, long naps, and saucer cleaning...sounds like you guys are keeping busy! Count down to Derek's wedding, can't wait to see you all!
Hey Becca. Hugh looks so different in that saucer. He is changing and he is so cute. We have to plan our girls lunch for when you are here. I can't wait to see you.
Kelly
Post a Comment