4.04.2008

the eVeR changing hugh

it is truly an amazing experience to sit back and watch this little boy.
He changes everyday!
He recently has discovered his hand in a new way...
obviously he discovered it a long time ago because he has been trying to shove both fists in his mouth at once for a while now. But now he is starting to notice the details. He will fling his arm above his head and then pause with udder amazement as he examines his fingers move to & fro. He will go to suck his thumb and then stop half way and almost in slow motion will stare with awe at the cool little hand he has.


yesterday he began to travel...
he has been rolling from back to tummy. More like a plop than a roll. And in the last few days...After I lie him down on his back - he is over onto his tummy in a matter of seconds. Yesterday he mastered the "plop" from tummy to his back. His plop is progressing to a roll.
There he went. back to tummy, where he would struggle for a little bit and then finally roll onto his back, tummy to back, back to tummy....until he ran into the couch and couldn't go any further. He was giggling and yelling out with delight (especially when he would make it on to his back again.) He was so proud of himself for learning to roll.



It is so fun to see his little accomplishments. Just watching him play in his saucer I have seen him learn and progress. It sounds funny, but it is true! There is this yellow dangly thing that at first freaked him out. He would always flail backwards when he saw it and somehow it was always poking him in the eye. Then he got more used to the yellow dangly and would try to grab it, but didn't seem to have the spacial sense to know how far away it was. He would grab in space towards it .... Well the other day...he nabbed it! I was so proud:)




hugh got another haircut...this time we brought out the shaver. He is going military style!

Devin officially drilled & filled on his first patient yesterday! (not a fellow student...but a rEaL patient) He came home very excited and energetic about the whole experience. He said he really wasn't that nervous and the procedure went smoothly! Way to go deebies!

PS I saw on the Today show that New Kids on the Block have reunited!! Get excited Schmonner!

10 comments:

Church Fam said...

I LOL about the yellow dangly toy, I could just picture cute little Hugh playing with it

Jason and Kate said...

cute story! Love his new do.

Angie said...

Hugh is looking good. don't you love watching them grow and learn. I can't wait to see what kind of girl Rowyn will be.

Sarah said...

I can only imagine how amazing it must be to watch Hugh grow and change. He is so cute!

Sarah said...

I can only imagine how amazing it must be to watch Hugh grow and change. He is so cute!

The Reichmans said...

I like the hair cut-he is so cute! I kind of miss the stage where Ryan would just roll around and get him self stuck on things. It is so fun to watch them make connections and discover themselves and the world around them. Babies make the simple things in life exciting all over again.

Kathy said...

Love hearing every detail of little Hugh's life. Can't wait to see him.

The Pizza Family said...

HELLO!! Hey we have decided to make our blog private.. email me your email address so we can invite you! What a great way to stay in touch with each other!!

email me at lindseypizza@gmail.com

Hope all is Well!!

Misa S said...

OHHHH! He has changed SOOOO much and we are counting down the days until we get to see him...and you guys of course! Congrats Dev...that is amazing that you are drilling teeth!

PS, Jamie is way pumped about the new kids reunion...he says he is for SURE going!

Miche said...

I know what you mean, it is so crazy to see them change even daily. I got Maile a little used saucer thing too and it's fun to see how they really do learn to do things at different times. (plus, admit it, it's a great way to get dishes done! :)) Also, I think he is looking so much like Devin even though he has your beautiful blue eyes. I am so excited you're coming. Let me know if you need help organizing.