
Such a WARM night! The weather was so nice.. the whole family made it out for devin's intramural football game. Hugh was loving the open space to cruise around in and I, despite devin's shock, actually watched some of the game (a long with sufficient gabbing) and saw my devy score a touchdown and do a snazzy spin move!! Go dEbo. Hey I am even sporting Creighton paraphernalia. Hugh had an occasional cry from the sidelines when he spotted his daddy. He has developed quite the affinity for his dad these days. It is sweet. BUT
the winds of change have arrived...
literally.
today is a cold day with a biting wind. As you step outside the chill is honestly quite shocking. A staggering contrast to a 77 degree day we had earlier this week. how sad. I'm afraid our friend "biting wind" is a frequent flier out here in the heartland. It is going to be a long winter, folks. Hugh and I were already bored and it was only 12:30. So I bundled him up and put on his not-so-stylish winter coat (according to devin) ready to brave the cold. Hugh wasn't a fan of the puffiness & awkwardness of the coat. It seemed to throw him off balance. Needless to say we lasted to the dumpster and back - hughie in my arms, disturbed by the wind. Guess we will have to get creative!
literally.
today is a cold day with a biting wind. As you step outside the chill is honestly quite shocking. A staggering contrast to a 77 degree day we had earlier this week. how sad. I'm afraid our friend "biting wind" is a frequent flier out here in the heartland. It is going to be a long winter, folks. Hugh and I were already bored and it was only 12:30. So I bundled him up and put on his not-so-stylish winter coat (according to devin) ready to brave the cold. Hugh wasn't a fan of the puffiness & awkwardness of the coat. It seemed to throw him off balance. Needless to say we lasted to the dumpster and back - hughie in my arms, disturbed by the wind. Guess we will have to get creative!
7 comments:
Next year I think Devin should dress up for Halloween.
Ty
Becca- I love your quilt. I never got to see the finished product!! Mine is only halfway done.... someday!!
Ben is in Iowa right now for an interview and he said it is just bitter cold there. You will have to tell me all your tricks for staying warm if we end up moving to the midwest
wow that was such a tyler comment!! anyway love everything you're into these days! and you always seem to have some cool project going on. your little hugh is getting so big!
I LOVE THE FINISHED QUILT. Nice job. It is adorable- now on to the next one--- for you!
You are amazing with your quilting skills. Good job! oh and also I agree with the weather and the crazy change so fast. Lame. take the rain away and bring back the mid 70's temperatures!!
I'm so jealous when I look and see all of your cute projects. I want to get started on the online scrapbooking, and I want to start making a quilt. A quilting class is a really good idea cause I never know where to start. I can't believe that Hugh is one. Time goes way too fast. Wils is already 9 months. You look beautiful as always. Such a cute mommy.
I know! I am not ready for the cold weather!!! But....that means that our friend Becca is coming back for the holidays, right?! I need to see this darling little boy of yours and of course...you. I love your new quilting talent- it turned out so cute. I have yet to catch the "quilting bug". :)
Love ya!
Post a Comment