11.07.2008

I finished my first quilt...and it was so fun!!
Thanks to Carissa for teaching me how and guiding me through every step.
I didn't know the first thing about how much fabric to buy, how to piece it together, binding, batting, how to match fabrics, etc... but I attended a quilting class and learned as I went. I became a frequenter of the fabric store...the employees started saying "hi" to me and making comments like, "you're back." I had to finish the quilt quickly in time for my sister's baby shower. It was so fun making the quilt for her first baby and gave me extra motivation. It was a whirlwind of a first quilt and I am kind of sad it is over....


I need a new project!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

What a great looking quilt Becca, I love the colors and patterns together. Way to go!

Jason and Kate said...

Thanks again for the quilt! I love it and know that Jr. will too (You will have to teach me how to do it because my sewing skills stop at baby blankets.

Melissa said...

just make another one. Heaven knows I am making the biggest quilt ever. I am never going to finish it OH well.

Lant Family said...

I love the quilt. I love all the colors and different patterns in each fabric. Great choice. Yeah just make another one!!

Randy and Haley Davis Family said...

I love your quilt. I still need to start and hopefully finish up my quilt before Christmas!