11.05.2009

I have found the cure for a husband who watches way too much football.

Although i haven't reached my sister in law's status of insisting that we get cable so we don't miss out on all the football games, nor that of my sister --waking up early to read the sports section before school or wanting to watch sports center willingly....

no. not even close.

Back when i was working full time as a nurse I had to work a lot of weekends...I really didn't mind working saturdays because i KNEW what devin was home doing. ;)

This year i made sure the laundry was washed & dried and ready to go by saturday morning so devin could fold while he watched a full day of football.

But now... i have discovered the secret weapon to endless hours of pigskin. Quilting.
I have loved cranking this quilt out (Thanks to Misa & Michi for the darling material!) and am amazed at how much i have improved from a year ago when i embarked on my first quilt for my sister. I now cut straighter and more efficiently, sew straighter and faster, my machine doesn't "break down" every other day, and I don't have to get out the instruction manual every time i need to thread the bobbin, etc. This was my first patchwork quilt with 2 borders AND my first time machine quilting it all together with a darning foot. I have wanted to try it for a year now....but was so scared and really didn't think i could do it. I went for it (thanks to Carissa's help) and it wasn't that bad. I felt so proud of myself!! And love this baby quilt.




6 comments:

Ashley K. said...

Good for you! I need to be more brave... maybe I will ask for a sewing machine for Christmas...

Kelly said...

Wow, I am so impressed! I want one. How hard is it? So cute! Looks like you had a great Halloween and trip to DL. Cohen also LOVES his cars...but binkies come first for this dude.

marti said...

I love your quilt! That is such a good idea, I think I might pick it up as well. Saturdays consists of the same thing in our household as well. I love the laundry idea too.

Church Fam said...

Becca the quilt looks soooo cute, I am impressed. I keep saying I want to learn. One day...

Jason and Kate said...

Very cute! Glad you are moving here so you can teach me how to do it. :) I will attest that she is a fine quilt maker. We still use and love the quilt she gave us.

Kimberlee said...

Teach me how to quilt with a machine! I've always wanted too....We miss you guys. This time of year I'm always reminded of our caramel apples that were too hard to bite into. Good times!