2.24.2010

when we brought tomi home from the hospital hugh developed a fun little ritual of waking up in the wee hours of the morning crying for companionship. Devin, being the sweet husband that he is, would wake up to answer hugh's demands. In the past, in an attempt to capture every moment of sleep, we would allow hugh to climb in bed with us to "cuddle" while we continued to snooze. Hugh's idea of 'cuddling' usually has to do with being glued to me on the edge of the bed and involves sharp movements with an occasional blow to the head. So after he karate-chopped my aching postpartum body one too many times.... "cuddling with mommy" was no longer an option.

One early morning devin went in to answer hugh's beckoning whines and never came out. I was puzzled. Is he sitting in the chair? on the floor? how is everything so quiet? So later I asked him. What were you doing in there?
This is what he described....

My first reaction was HOW?? This i have got to see. I would have never guessed that they could both fit....and the crib is from ikea and is seemingly hollow....but evidently sturdy!


Life continues to be good. I am LOVING having this sweet baby. I know she is a special little being... Every time i am near her i feel beauty& joy & purity flowing out of her. Perhaps Heavenly Father needed to "prepare me" to receive this sweet soul. I feel so blessed to have her.
I am loving the newborn stage this time around and not wanting her to get so chubby or so big so fast. Perhaps it is because she has inherited her mommy's ability to sleep. { i can sleep all day and all night, love to sleep in, hate getting up, zombie....you get the point} I just feel so much more relaxed. With hugh, i really thought i might die of stress, worry, or lack of sleep. This time I still worry about BIG sneezes right in her face at the play place (hello!), but I know how to be a mom to a newborn. NOW.... a 2 year old....i am still figuring that one out. :)



Hugh continues to be full of energy! The poor kid was "reading" the Toys R Us catalog this morning and moaning to be outside and play on a playground. Sorry...there is still a gigantic mountain of snow everywhere you look and the temp is in the teens with a strong, take your breath away {not in a good way}, wind. I really need some sunshine and grass for this boy to run some energy off. Today at music class his buddy, Jack Jack, and he were running around crazy. The music class consisted of me walking back and forth across the room with Tomi in one arm chasing hugh and then trying to grab him tight with my other arm when he cruised past me. He thought it was hilarious! {I need more arms.} I would convince him to sit down...and then he would get excited and it would happen all over again. :)



Painting is our newest activity. My friends took him to the Children's Museum and said that he loved to paint....and so we tried it at home. He loves BLUE. "Dinoco blue" to be exact. He also loves to play with water (in the sink or on the floor) and help mommy make cookie dough. Everything we do he always says an anxious 'my turn' so i won't accidently do it FOR him....he wants to do it himself!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I do that with Gabe, when he has a nightmare or is sick. I am surprised at how comfy his crib is!
Cute quilt that Tomi is on. If you made it great job! If not tell her I want one too.
You are very brave to let Hugh paint. I am still nervous about crayons. But Dinoco blue makes me laugh.

Church Fam said...

I would find Ty all snuggled up to Ella in her toddler bed all the time, so cute

Chelsea and Cody said...

She is already smiling so big! How adorable...good update!

Unknown said...

You have the cutest little family! We need to all take our blow dryers outside and melt the snow...because obviously mother nature has a different idea of when spring is suppose to be here!!

Ashley K. said...

Cut post Becca. She is beautiful!