This is super random....but as I was awkwardly fumbling through my facebook account [not a frequenter] I stumbled onto this. I posted it last year when 'everyone was doing it' and since this blog is ALL i have for a journal....i wanted it to get in the book so to say.
february 2009
1.I asked Devin out on our first date. Peter Breinholt concert 1999.
2.I am always cold. Luckily Devin lets me put my icy feet on his toasty calves. (He is constantly hot…ooh ahh.)
3.One of my pet peeves is when someone is giving a lesson at church and people start packing up their scriptures and papers making a lot of noise and obviously not listening while they are sharing their testimony.
4.I was a bossy child…especially to my OLDER sister, kate. Someone had to tell her who the tooth fairy really was! Devin says I have managed to get back in touch with my bossy side.
5.I spend literally half my life watching sports. In the flesh or on TV….and I can honestly say I never watch the game. Ha! (Except for when Devin plays I try to notice a few key plays :))
6.I taught English in the boonies of Urumuqi, China for 6 months and LOVED it! The address literally read “in the middle of the Wu Chang Highway.”
7.Devin and I kissed the night I got home from my mission after I got released, of course. He claims I made the moves...
8.I love chipotle. Steak burrito bowl, black beans, chunky salsa with a kick, sprinkled with cheese, washed down with a diet coke….mmmmh. I can’t get enough.
9.I told Devin the day after I got home from my mission (post kiss) that I didn’t want to get married for 5 years and I wanted to date other people…. That quickly became 1 year…and we were married 8 months later (engaged to be engaged after 1 month).
10.One of my former talents was sleeping. I used to be able to sleep 10pm-10am easily. After becoming a mom…I am now borderline insomniac.
11.I try to be green…I insist on recycling, use cloth bags at the grocery store, cloth napkins, unplug unused appliances.
12.I love playing tennis--especially outside. And especially doubles with Devin….except when he hogs the ball.
13.I was scared of the “babies in the baby carriage” part of marriage, BUT have been truly amazed at the pure joy of motherhood and wouldn’t want to do anything else!! I love my Hughie.
14.I love following the story of NIE NIE. It is so inspiring to me and teaches me about faith, prayer, testimony, deep love between husband & wife, and strength through trials.
15.I loved being a missionary. I served in the Taiwan, Taichung Mission. My favorite comment during a “spiritual” discussion was, “Are your eyelashes real??!”
16.I used to play social worker/counselor to imaginary pregnant teens & divorced couples. And my friend and I would pretend we were Jews escaping from Hitler.
17.I love to write.
18.I qualified for the school spelling bee when I was in 4th grade and it stressed me out big time. I would end up crying at night & begging my mom to study with me. I ended up getting 2nd place and lost to a 6th grader. After that I always avoided any spelling bee!
19.I used to steal my older brother, Ty’s, oversized flannel shirts and wear them to Junior High---I thought I looked sooo cute. I even squeezed my arm into the box he packed away when he left on his mission to get one out.
20.I love yoga! I totally dig the whole mind/body connection…and yoga is restorative to mind & body.
21.I took “voice lessons” for 3 years and still can’t sing, can’t attempt to sing parts, and am way to scared to sing.
22.I talked really fast when I first came home from my mission. My friends would always tell me, “Whoa …you need to slow down.” I rode to Provo with devin’s dad, and afterwards devin asked, “So Dad, What did you talk about?” He replied something to the effect… “I don’t know…I couldn’t really understand what she was saying.” Ha!!
23.The first time I met all of Devin’s close friends (Fall of 1999) we went up to Marti’s cabin and had a fun night. During the course of the night, devin’s friends brought up many of their classic stories/inside jokes. Afterwards I said to my friends, “They were way fun to hang out with, but I don’t know if I would want to hear all those stories again…” ha! Little did I know I would come to memorize those stories/inside jokes, know all those talked about in the stories, and laugh hysterically time after time!!
24.I love to travel to different countries and experience new cultures! (I don’t love traveling with a one year old –makes for early mornings, sleepless nights, and grouchy mommy.)
25.I like living in Omaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment