11.10.2010

now that it is almost thanksgiving...it has finally cooled down here in the land of the blazing sun.
And now that it has cooled down....i can finally see why people like it here. :)
It is beautiful right now and I am soaking in every breath of cool air. I am so happy to not wear shorts anymore. i was about ready to burn every last pair! jeans glorious jeans!
we went to the zoo today and it was beautiful. Cool low to mid 60's. I was a bit chilled at first, but I had to laugh because i saw at least 3 people sporting UGG boots. C'mon arizona...it is not THAT cold. I got a good laugh. The zoo is perfect because you get to see an animal or two and then play on a spider web, a cactus slide, a tractor, little people baby playground, and a tree house with a bunch of hyper, screaming 1st graders from a local school. Hugh was in heaven. Hugh came running out of the tree house all giddy and having so much fun. Right after a little girl reported to me that he was getting pushed around and fell down a few times... "everybody inside the tree house is screaming." I replied back, "i think he likes it?"
we topped the day off with some sweet potato fries & a blue icee. life is good.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hi Becca! Did you know I read your blog sometimes? Come to Utah and let's have a China girls reunion! This post about weather in AZ made me laugh because my little sister told me when they were looking at apartments down there at one place they said they could have a unit with a fireplace for a little higher rent each month. She asked why anyone would ever need a fireplace in AZ and the lady replied "It can get pretty cold, down in the 60's!" Ha ha, those people should spend a winter in Utah! Anyway, have a lovely warm winter and think of all of us up here freezing! Love, Ai Mei Li (Miss Love)