11.23.2010

My body was still dealing with the miscarriage aftermath. my emotions were a mess. my heart was aching. and my soul wounded. In this downtrodden state... I turned to my Savior, Jesus Christ.
and I found him.

"But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence...he will..deliver you out of bondage." Mosiah 7:33

I turned to the temple. One evening while still in the throws of healing...devin & I went to the temple to do sealings. We happened to be doing work for some Japanese people. The Sealer, bless his little heart, was butchering the complicated Japanese names with incorrect pronunciation.

Devin & I just shrugged our shoulders and new it would be alright with Heaven.
Then...out of the blue...he said "Tomiko" with perfect, pristine pronunciation. Devin & I looked at each other in surprise with big grins.

My heart burned. I felt Heavenly Father telling me that my little Tomiko would come. Fear not I am with thee. It will be okay.

God was delivering a tender mercy straight to my spirit! "A most personal and timely message of comfort & reassurance." He blessed me with this beautiful knowledge that he was mindful of me and had a plan just for me. "Some may count this experience as simply a nice coincidence, but {Elder Bednar} testifies that the tender mercies of the Lord are real and that they do not occur randomly or merely by coincidence. "
The Tender Mercies of the Lord by Elder David A Bednar

But behold, I Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance”
1 Nephi 1:20

A year later...my little Tomiko was born. I have sensed of her strong, amazing spirit. She IS straight from Heaven...and perhaps i needed to be 'prepared' to be her mother.

{Tomi @ 9 months}


I am Thankful for my Savior. A loving Heavenly Father & His plan for me. My amazing husband. My energetic Hugh. My sweet Tomi. And tender mercies.

Happy Thanksgiving!




10 comments:

marti said...

What a wonderful, inspiring, heart-felt post. You seem to put how I am often thinking and feeling into beautiful words. Can you just write for me?.... Beautiful.

Jason and Kate said...

She is a little angel. Thanks for bringing tears to my eyes. Tender post.

Tessy said...

What a precious story!!! I still haven't seen this sweet angel Tomi!!! I wish that someday I can find a husband and have cute babies too!!! I'm turning 29 this year with little hope aka prospects!!!

agirlnamedgay said...

becca i loved it. so sincere. thanks for sharing!

Morgan & Jared Hochstettler said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving post! I had tears in my eyes. You have a wonderful way with words!

The Reichmans said...

Becca, i am so sorry about the miscarriage, but so glad that she came and is beautiful. I miscarried last february...It is so painful and I am sorry that you had to go thru it as well. Your post was beautiful.

melissa said...

she is straight from heaven. i just love her and love you for sharing. i am totally in tears. xoxo

Miche said...

Oh Becca- you have such an amazing gift to be able to express yourself. You are so sweet and such an amazing mom. :) Thank you for sharing.
She is such a beautiful little girl.

Kelly said...

And we are all so greatful to have you as a friend...love ya

Chelsea and Cody said...

O Becca, I love you. I always find something uplifting and comforting when I come to read about your amazing family. Ali told me you asked about me at Christmas, thanks for thinking of us. Thanks for sharing this sad but growing experience with us all. I needed to read this today. You are a rock.