oh and princess Leia made an appearance too. {thanks to a sister with a plethora of halloween costumes...like mother like daughter}
Hugh had a blast running around in his Buzz costume, but would also get so embarrassed if you made too big a deal of it and protested when i would exclaim, "To infinity & beyond!" When I came home with the garden gnome costume Devin questioned...."what is a garden gnome?" I said, " Who cares....look how cute she is!" Haven't you people ever seen The Gnome Mobile?
{apparently that is another 'classic movie' in my family that seemed to miss the general population}.
We had a good time at the ward trunk or treat where we had some yummy chili, hot dogs, and carnival games. Hugh loved "fishing" for candy. We will have to remember to arrive early next year. We got there 10 min late and the place was packed! I think i finagled the last 3 chairs. The trunk or treat was fun, too. My first as well. Someone even had a "haunted house" in their minivan. There was a really creepy someone dressed as the SCREAM character in a black cloak not saying a word that really freaked hughie out. And maybe me. :)
Buzz & little gnome were out again to go hang out with some friends for some yummy soup & appetizers. Then Sunday we brushed off the costumes and suited up for a buzz & gnome rendezvous with my family at Kate's house. We had some yummy chili, played musical chairs to the monster mash - which was really traumatic for hugh, & had a donut eating contest. Then home to pass out candy. We didn't really trick or treat door to door this year, but hugh had fun handing out the candy. We actually sat outside on our porch to hand out candy to the kids. Quite the SWITCH!
so after wearing the costume for 3 fun filled days...including playing on playgrounds, sliding on grass, etc.. the costume was a filthy mess. I looked on the care instructions and it read, "wipe down with damp cloth only" Are you serious? Who's bright idea was it to make a WHITE costume for a 3 year old that you can't wash? I ran it through the delicate cycle and it turned out fine....still a little stained. :)
1 comment:
Thank you for being my second friend to have a child as a garden gnome for Halloween! I LOVE IT!! I had to ask myself what a garden gnome was when my friend told me...but I get now! haha you guys look cute!
Post a Comment