11.10.2010

ps I have the best husband.
Just as water was dumped everywhere in the bathroom including on tomi's head, both kids soaked and screaming, the kitchen a bomb, the dinner burning, I got a text from devin saying, "i am still in a meeting." Fabulous.

The fires were put out and the clothes changed. the dinner cooked. the kitchen a bigger bomb. the kids partially fed... when daddy came home. After dinner devin played with the kids as I needed a break. I put the food away and then I acquiesced to devin's insistence, fed the baby and was OUT! I went to JoAnn's, got some chocolate chip cookies & a DC at Paradise, browsed some stores (tried on clothes....impossible with hugh around), and got so much done in the space of an hour (never happens) I so needed that!
I came home to a beautiful, spotless kitchen (remember previous bomb -- you don't know bomb until you have seen what i can create)....no it was a sparkling kitchen, clean toy room, kids asleep. Heaven.
one happy wife.

7 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

That is so awesome! Sometimes we need those to be able to refresh and get ready to be a mom again. And people...I can attest....her kitchen is a bomb after a meal but one would never know because the food was SO good!

Miche said...

Ah- so fun to catch up with your adorable family! :) First of all Happy Birthday to Hugh. Wow- 3 years old! It's weird when they hit three because I've realized they really do leave that chubby toddler phase behind. I was giggling at the video of Hugh doing "boo" to baby Tomi- we are totally in that phase where baby actually likes big sister and her jokes. For awhile there I could just feel his little body tense up whenever she came close to play. :) We used to always go to Tempe AZ for Thanksgiving to visit my Aunt and it's seriously the best weather! Are you going to UT for Xmas?
Beijos.

Mommy Amy's blog said...

Yea Devin! Way to go! It must run in the family...Dylan does those kind of things too.

Church Fam said...

Becca when you make food as good as you (last weekend) who cares if the kitchen is a bomb. :) We loved it and had sooo much fun, Thank you!!!!!!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

I'm totally computer illiterate. So i hope this helps...i don't know how to do the link think on the blogs. I need to learn how to do that. if this doesnt help let me know and I will tell you where to find it on the website

http://www.marthastewart.com/good-thing/pinup-wreath?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/holiday-wreaths#slide_36

michi said...

Son...You make me proud!!
Love, your momma

Robin said...

Im so glad im not the only one with a crazy life! hah! But really IM convinced God has placed children in my path to teach me patience. I thought I knew what it was. Until I had kids.:) and thank goodness for people who help me learn!