1.28.2011

Ode to Janel.

frankly put.
my CORE will never be the same without you.
You answered the call from my 2008 new year's resolution to "get rid of the jelly belly."
Away it went. replaced with a stronger core.
And you continued to challenge & strengthen me.
you helped my weak arms find muscles they didn't know were there. I had...definition.
squats. lunges. push ups. plank until i wanted to die. bicep curls. dreaded wall sit. ball curls
you kicked my butt {and my core}! and i loved it.
all the while motivated by your buff arms & ripped back. strong abs. your endurance and energy!

now. the jelly belly {body} is creeping back. the motivation is just not as high. Why couldn't we work out in the village clubhouse forever??
I did your workout last night, but it just isn't the same. The "toning" classes at the gym just don't measure up! {as my sister put it....'sweatin to the oldies'}
Janel! I hope you are doing well in Kansas City!
but know.....there is always a spot for you in MY neighborhood. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my Becca!!! I love you to death! This really is the sweetest thing that anyone has ever said. I miss the village, I miss our workout class, I miss you. Oh to be there forever would just be the best!! Thank you so much. But the class helped me out probably more than I helped you all out. I miss you and hope you are doing well!! Good luck with your new little girl that will soon be here!! Love you girl! Thank you again.

The Bailey's said...

Can I get an "Amen!" How I miss those classes. I will be crossing my fingers that my gold's gym will be able to combat the jelly, but am fearful it will fall short. I soooo miss the days in the village!

Adam and Kristin said...

I need a Janel!

Morgan & Jared Hochstettler said...

Amen to that! Janel was awesome! It's been hard coming across something new to keep me working out regularly. I only just this week found a possible cure. Becca you should look up Cross Fit. It's a super intense workout in a short amount of time and works everything! A girl in my ward just started a group this week and I LOVE it! Check out her blog and while you probably wouldn't want to join our group (the distance is just too much), you could do the exercises that are posted. Let me know what you think. estrellahillsfit.blogspot.com