10.06.2011


I will be the first to say that motherhood is not easy.
And for some reason it looks SO easy for all the other moms around me. Am I the only one doggy paddling here??

Tonight Hugh was kneeling and saying his prayers. ..
" grateful that I can have a good nights sleep....please bless mommy... "
{i was just waiting for him to say..... that she can be nice...or that she won't yell at me....or that mommy can take a chill pill and just learn to calm down & go with the flow or that my mommy would use a little more LOVE and a lot more LOGIC ..."
but no.
my sweet little boy said, " please bless mommy that she won't be afraid of the scorpion."
{had our first scorpion sighting in our hOuSe. totally freaking out! thank heavens Devin was home and he was the one that spotted it}

my heart melted. i love that sweet boy!!


We need to remember that the full commitment of motherhood and of putting children first can be difficult.I know something of a mother’s emotions that accompany her commitment to be at home with young children. There are moments of great joy and incredible fulfillment, but there are also moments of a sense of inadequacy, monotony, and frustration.
...recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction.


4 comments:

Ashley K. said...

Amen sista.

p.s. I had a scorpion sighting a couple of months ago in the garage, only Mike was out of town. I closed the door like I didn't see it. Then I went to my 70 year old neighbor (with my 3 kids in tow) and asked him to save us.

Mommy Amy's blog said...

You are awesome Becca! And that is all I have to say.

Robin said...

It is 3:08. my children are asleep. I should be smiling. But I am crying and smiling too I guess. Just randomly blog checking and read your posts. And you are not the only one Doggy paddling, i promise. Maybe there's only only 2 of us, but I am too! And I have no "3 children and a baby" excuse. I feel like that so often its comical. And today Diego did say Mean MOmmy to me twice. (because I was asking him to stop pulling on Rose while she was crying--seriously Diego...) Anyways, here's to many more hilarious, hideous, and happy moments of motherhood!!

Robin said...

ps My friend in Gilbert almost died her first week there. TONS of scorpions outside their house. She just dreams about them now , thank you pest control!