9.25.2011

They call it the Midwife Epidural





aka. the blow up tub :)
Lucky for me the hospital I delivered Mae at obtained this bad boy about 2 weeks before she decided to make her debut into the world. After i was triaged, received an IV, asked a billion questions 3 times over....yadda yadda.... I jumped into the tub {hot!...just like i like it} and breathed a sigh of relief, "awwwwwwww"


It was in the waters of this relaxing tub that I laBoRed. {no i didn't have the baby in the tub}
Now don't be too misled by the word "relaxing." I was still in LABOR and that means wOrK.


call me craZy. {you won't be the first person}


There is something really beautiful about laboring and relying on your sweet husband to help you through it. Be it INTENSE. Be it screams. Be it beautiful.
It is hard. But it is also amazing.
the baby is born. the pain is instantly gone. and the sweetest little babe is placed on your belly.
It is empowering to realize how strong you really are.
"I did it. "

because there are times you don't think you can.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

That a girl!

yosh said...

ahh becca you are amazing. writing your post, doesn't it just make you want to have another baby tomorrow?!!!! love the pics of the kids (from the other posts!)

The Hines Family said...

Tubs are the way to go! I sat in mine and ate popsicles:-D

Miche said...

yes you are strong! :) but why in the world suffer when you can sit back, eat popsicle chips, watch a movie and have a baby pain free?
ha ha. I guess we know who the stronger one out of us is, right?!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

you are amazing...i wish i had the strength...i know all of us have it somewhere inside us. I just don't know if i'm willing to try and find it :) hehe.
Your babies are darling. hope you guys are well...we miss you!

xoxo
Cami