9.09.2007

Happy Birthday Becca!




I am sneaking on our blog to wish my amazing wife a Happy Birthday. She is asleep right now - I told her that I had to work on some "projects". Anyway, we have been married for 3 years and 8 months now and it has been such a blessing to married to my Bec. So in honor of her birthday, I would like to share with you why it is so cool to be married to someone like Becca.

1. She laughs at my lame humor. I had never known anyone that laughed at me more than my family…until I met Becca. For some reason, she thinks I am funny even though I do weird things like freak out over BYU football and yell at the TV, grunt while I eat because the sushi tastes so dang good, dance like a dork in the car, do horrible impressions of other people, and go crazy when I hear a good song.
2. She is one smart woman. Her parents have raised her into a well educated, sharp minded young lady. Our kids are going to be so lucky to have her as a tutor and teacher. One of the perks that I get is that I have my own personal tutor - my wife - to help me through dental school. Because of her nursing background and her UNBELIEVABLE memory, she explains and helps me understand a lot of anantomy, physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, pathology, etc. I always tell her that I wish she could take my exams for me.
3. One of the things that I love most about Becca is that she is not a follower. She does things because SHE wants to do them, not because other people want her to do them. She sticks to what she believes. No one can sway her beliefs or standards. Not to be mistaken for stubbornness, Becca understands her self worth and doesn't let anyone dictate to her how she should live her life.
4. Going out for sushi or Korean food is a couple of our favorite things to do. I always tell Becca that she really is my "dream wife" because I never thought I would marry someone that loved sushi, yakiniku, tonkatsu, kimchee, spam musubi, and bulgolgi as much as me. This makes for some great dates.
5. Anyone who knows Becca knows that she has one of the sweetest smiles around. It is the kind of smile that hides nothing. I love making her laugh for this reason. I also love her embarassed smile when she shrugs her shoulders and tries to hide her face like a little girl.

Happy Birthday Bec!

3 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

Great post, Debo! Happy Birthday Sis!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Becca!

Sarah said...

That is a very sweet post Devin. Happy Birthday Becca!!!