
I just started my new job on Monday...
So far all we have done is a bunch of orientation, but I have been impressed with the hospital atmosphere so far. It is very similar to primary children's in that everyone seems to love their job. The hospital seems very organized and they actually achieved Magnet status last year (for all you hospital junkies). Some things are the same and some very different - some better and some worse. They do all their own IV's here so that will be good for me to regain that skill (but scary in the beginning because I am rusty!) I will be working on a Medical/Surgical/Oncology - and everything else in between- Floor that takes care of kids 5yrs old to teenage. It is also the diabetic floor and peritoneal dialysis floor. There will be lots to learn!! I will be working with a preceptor for the first while so I will be able to ease into things.
3 comments:
Congrat girl for finding a Magnet status hospital, sounds like you have tons of learning experiences ahead. You will love oncology even though it is hard and emotional. Probably will be harder than my floor since you will be working with kids and not adults. Anyway sounds like everything is going great with you guys. Little Hugh is coming soon!!
Becca-I hope you are feeling well with your due date coming up so soon and that your job is going well. It sounds like it will be a difficult but incredible experience.-anne
becks...how are you doing? i hope that you are doing well and getting some rest before the big day. congrats on the new job. i bet that you will be great at what you are doing. what is the due date again? we love ya and miss you! xoxo melissa
Post a Comment