11.02.2007

happy halloween



(this is what happens when you have two grandmas...thank you grandma kathy & michi)

This was our first year to hand out candy to trick or treaters!! (and this is our 4th halloween together). We always lived in Provo amongst college students and then last year I worked Halloween and Devin was at school studying. So I made a Target run - which I might add was the most frantic shopping experience of my life. It was one of my first times leaving Hughie with Daddy - I had just fed him and he was asleep (but I didn't know how long he would stay that way). Target is a little bit of a drive away and I felt like I lapped the store 3 times looking for all I needed. I was wearing a baggy sweatshirt and sweating to death... I was trying to hurry so I could get back home to my hungry, little one. Luckily, He didn't make a peep the whole time I was gone. Anyways....I went to Target to get Halloween candy and there honestly were about 6 bags of candy left!! So I got 3 large bags of the best of the slim pickins'. Devin thought it was way too much, but we ended up with only a little extra. I really didn't do much candy giving - I ended up nursing my little handsome boy ALL night. (he was feeling deprived about not getting any candy) The highlight of the night was when Devin told me about a little crowd of kids who all stepped up to get their candy and then after all the kids got a piece of candy...the large mom "chaperoning them" stepped up and took a piece of candy for her pillow case!! (PS her pillow case was chuck full of candy!)

7 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

We had several adults too! I think we only saw three kids from our neighborhood; the rest got out of cars. They were definitely not from around the area. Cute pictures of Hughie! My students are dying for me to bring a picture in. I keep forgetting. but the one on the couch is adorable.

The Bailey's said...

Becca-

That lady came to my house too, except she came first and took candy, and THEN let her kids get some. I guess some people really get in the Halloween spirit:) Hugh is adorable!

Katie Webb said...

So good to hear from you on facebook and the blog. It is so funny, because since I started, I check at least every day, and Moj makes so much fun of me, because I used to say that I just didn't get the point of them. Becca, Hughie is such an adorable baby. Oh I want to see him in person. Are you guys coming home for any holidays? Ahhh, the breastfeeding nightmare. I just don't understand how it is supposed to be such a natural thing, but then it can be so hard. It sounds like your experience is a little better than mine was. Eliza really never even latched. And now I get to try all over with a new one. My advice to you with a newborn is, it really gets easier in just one more month. You start to get some sleep, you get a routine, and life goes back to normal. I love you.

Annie said...

Hey you guys...it was fun to get a comment from your cute mom:) Your li'l guy is adorable! Congrats!

melissa said...

becca, i am not sure why we are having such a hard time connecting by phone, but i am still going to try to get you. i hope all is going well with hughie. i remember how hard it is at first to adjust so i hope that it is going better. we miss you so much and we are sad that we won't meet him for a while. he looks so cute in both outfits though.

LIttlemiss said...

Becca! Congrats on your new goregous baby boy!!! Isn't mommyhood amazing?? Keep in touch!!

Richard said...

Hey Becca,

It looks like all is well for you and Devin. Congratulations on the baby!!! I talked to John Morris on the phone a few days ago and he mentioned you guys are in Omaha. . . That is great news! I hope all is well!