11.28.2007

i'm so glad when daddy comes home...








Hughie has the best daddy!
Thanksgiving break was so wonderful because devin was home from school and able to hang out with hughie and me. He is such a good daddy and finds noticeable joy in his little boy. Hughie sleeps best in his daddy's arms (he is so warm). Thanksgiving day hughie practically slept the whole day because devin was holding him. good for the dinner, bad for that night...
Devin is also very good at calming baby down when he is upset. He will often send me to bed at an early bedtime of 7pm while he takes care of hughie.
He has saved me from multiple emotional breakdowns (hormones!) and always expresses his confidence in me as a mommy and wife. He turned into a very 'masculine martha stuart' over the break...cooking up thanksgiving yams topped with toasted pecans (they taste as sweet as candy), sausage dip for an appetizer, peanut butter rice crispie treats, grocery shopped x2, got the oil changed, etc, etc. The list goes on and on. I didn't cook a thing.
I am so glad I married such a wonderful husband...and an amazing daddy!
I love you Devy.


PS Devin was so excited to watch the BYU/Utah game. He insisted hughie wear his BYU shirt even though it is size 3-6 months. He was so preoccupied with dressing hughie in his byu attire, singing the fight song, and taking pictures that he forgot to change his monstrously full diaper. Go Cougs!


8 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

How sweet! When we have kids Debo will have to give Jas tips. My favorite picture is of Devin and Hughie on the couch together. So cute!

Lindsay said...

He is SO CUTE! I can't get over it! Hopefully we'll see him in person sometime soon. Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Better late than never...But congratulations to you guys! Hughie is pretty dang cute. We're happy for you. He's lucky to have such a good mom and dad!

LIttlemiss said...

Becca I feel like I'm stalking you with all these comments I"m leaving!! Your little peanut is getting so big already, he is so adorable.

Ryan and Ashley said...

He is so cute! Man, you two should make many babies! Ryan and I miss you guys. We hope you are doing great and I can't wait to meet baby H.

Noakes Family said...

Hey Becca. I cannot wait to get our boys together. They even look alike! How fun that we get to go through this together. I love all your phone calls by the way...it makes me feel important. smile. Little Hughie is a doll. I need to get some blankets
Kelly

The Reichmans said...

I love dads-aren't they the greatest! I am glad that Devin is so supportive-that is wonderful! I don't know what I would do without pete's help. ryan and him are best friends and I try to always be grateful and not offended that Ryan prefers his dad whenever he is around. You're such a great mom!

Chelsea said...

Becca- thanks so much and yes I need to take your advice and get things done and orginized before the baby comes. I love your pics and know that Ben will dress our little boy in BYU attire as well. He is a doll, and you are the cutest mom! I'm so happy for you guys!