with shane sparks. next stop jabbawockies...
so a funny thing happened...
I will set the stage : We were having a family "date" at the mall last weekend...and hughie was getting shopped out so we took a little break on a bench to let him stretch & play. Devin was holding hugh so i popped into american eagle to check it out. (someday I will stop shopping in the teenie bopper stores) Anyways. I finished and then took a turn with hugh while devin took a ganter. As devin was walking out of the store... 3 cute young girls approached him. (i am watching from the mall bench) He chatted for a minute and then returned over to hugh & me. The girls were recruiting him to work at Abercrombie! ha! My husband is so handsome...
That is the 2nd or 3rd time he has been asked to come work for Abershnakie & Fitch. He just looks like one of those models :)
The funny part of the story is...devin was wearing jeans, running shoes, & his red intramural soccer t-shirt "gunners" (hey when you got style you got it...) and literally 30 seconds prior to their recruiting efforts he was bouncing little hugh on his lap.
Another funny highlight of the encounter.. His response to their offer was, "Actually I am in graduate school right now." The girls responded, "...oh...are you too good for us." "No, I just don't have time..."

11 comments:
I laughed out loud when I read the post before this one-Pete also hates wheat bread. Devin should feel so special that they wanted him to work for them. If you ever come to Utah to visit i would love to see you again because your posts always make me happy and it would be so much more fun to talk to you in real life!
I have to agree that this is a hilarious post. I love that time is the only thing holding him back from pursuing his modeling career!
Um...I LOVE Shane Sparks and his moves. That cracked me up. And I can't see Devin as an A & F model. He's too smart and not cocky enough (that's a good thing). Dave calls any guy that looks like that an "F Dude." It's an insult. Devin is not an F Dude, but he is good looking so don't take that the wrong way. I'm trying to compliment him on not being one of those guys. I hope you get it! :)
Soooo funny! Mike has been recruited too... it cracked me up!
great story... I kinda think that will NEVER happen to my husband... but mostly because of his LACK of style...
Also way to go on the wheat bread! Look at you go... so proud!
You are so funny. I love reading your blog and the way you explain things just cracks me up. :) I'm excited to get together this Friday....did you decide a time?
Hugh looks cute in his little outfit! And that is so funny about Devin! Are you guys doing anything fun for the break coming up??
Yeah! I can't wait for our boys to play. I think Hugh will take Cohen though. I am proud of you for making wheat bread. Do you have a wheat grinder and everything???
I absolutly LOVE the pictures that Kelly took of your cute family! WAY TO GO!
I just saw your family pictures on Kellie's website and they turned out great! All three of you guys look so good! She does such a great job doesn't she?
Post a Comment