8.22.2008

Maybe the source of my laziness has rooted from my serious Olympics Addiction this year. This is by far my favorite Olympics! I love the CHINESE culture and watching all the athletes compete. It even surpasses the Nancy Kerrigan year when I was obsessed with ice skating and cut out all her pictures and articles from the newspaper. It has been so fun to watch every night! My sleeping has suffered, however. I had to put this excerpt from my friend's blog (who she borrowed from her friend...) but it is hilarious and sums up the Olympic addiction SO well! I was laughing out loud when i read it:



"Nastia and Shawn (they're my BFF's) are amazing. As I watch them, I imagine it's me tumbling through the air at insane speeds. I imagine that my thighs are only touching because of my massive quadricep muscles and that the Scrunchy isn't a thing of the past. The Scrunchy has its place right there on the un-even bars, right next to the snow white chalk and the metallic spandex leotards. At 26 years old, I'm hanging onto the dream and shooting for the stars.Everyone knows that Nastia and Shawn should win gold medals for everything they do. Not only are they the most talented gymnasts in the 2008 Olympics, but they are also OF LEGAL AGE. Do the Chinese think we're that stupid? They can tell us all night every night that their gymnasts are 16 years old, but did you look like that when you were 16? Those leotards leave nothing to the imagination....unless that is exactly what you have. Nothing. They're seriously like 7 years old. I would win, too, if I weighed 23 pounds and lacked the life experience that would force me to ball up in a fetal position on the floor underneath the balance beam.My other new favorite Olympic sport is swimming. Let's be honest. Who didn't watch swimming and who isn't completely infatuated with Michael Phelps? He is half human, half dolphin and all MAN. He's in a league of his own. I wonder if the other competitors spend all day wondering what exactly they are doing in Beijing. If nothing else, I hope they ate some delicious Chinese food."

2 comments:

The Four Eggs said...

ha you crack me up-

Connie and Brandon said...

I love the Olympics too! I have been glued to the TV for the last 2 weeks. Everything about them from culture to the actual competitions has been the best.