
When my sister was in town my mom got this crazy idea to buy us sewing machines! I told her to just buy my sister one and I would think about it and get back to her. I didn't think it was such a good idea since I don't know how to sew and I have never really expressed a desire to do so. She insisted that I get one too. I really hadn't touched a sewing machine since "kids can sew" classes when I was little and once or twice in 7th grade. But there I was with a sewing machine boxed up in my living room.
So after a quick review course on how to turn on the machine (ha.ha.), thread the bobbin, etc....I was off. And it turns out...sewing is tons of fun. I think I found a new hobby! I made a really simple blanket for baby Hughie and some ribbon-trimmed burp rags for my friend Miche. I sewed for 3 hours last night and had to stop because of a sewing-induced backache. I'm addicted!
3 comments:
I actually like it quite a bit too. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one. I can't wait to see the blanket!
Such a domestic goddess! Hughie will love his monkey blanket.
I love it too! I just got one for my birthday you will have to teach me....seeing as how i can't remember. I am glad that it's addicting.
Post a Comment