paychecks...
you know when you open the envelope and peek inside at a big check...or now in todays techie world - log onto your bank website and see the load of cash that has been direct deposited into your account. ahhh...what a great feeling. going to work was really worth it.
paychecks...
my sister in law, tiffany, said that is what she likes to call those sweet little smiles you get from your baby. It is your paycheck for all the hard work you have put in. And it is so true! This past week Hughie was missing his cousins or something because he wanted to play/cry in the middle of the night! One night was particularly rough and I was a wreck. The next morning I woke, sleepy-eyed, to the sound of my little boy squawking. (it is a term I coined describing the noise Hugh makes when he wants you to come pick him up....it isn't a cry really or a coo....it is a squawk.) I picked him out of the crib and layed him on the changing table. I was met with the biggest grin from ear to ear and a shy turn of the head to the side. My heart melted and the frustration of the night before and the lack of sleep thereof disappeared. I was in love once again with this little angel I get to call mine.
5 comments:
He is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love his big grin! That has to just melt your heart every time you see it! Im sad we missed you guys when you were here in town....Next time! Hope all is well...the little guys is darling!
Cam
Hughie is so cute!
It's true--smiles, hugs, "I Love Yous", pictures, etc--they are all paychecks!!
Oh and way to go conquering BFing. What a precious opportunity.
Andrea
Becca--he is so cute! Every time I see him, he just makes me smile.
I am glad he is such a happy baby! It is amazing how much a smile can melt your heart and make all the sacrifice worth it.
Post a Comment