6.18.2008

funny story...

but maybe mostly for the matsumori family
So I made batayaki for the missionaries the other day (which by the way was way good...)
and couldn't help, but share my experience at the grocery store.
As I was checking out....a bag of moyashi (bean sprouts) plopped on the scale...the checker looked at me with an inquisitive look and asked, "sauerkraut?"

Then as the Napa approached the scale...again the same questioning look on her face,
"cauliflower?" The man behind me courteously jumped in to help, "no....that's lettuce..."
Guess they don't eat much Asian food around these parts. or cauliflower. or lettuce. for that matter.
all i can say is...they are missing out!

5 comments:

Christian said...

Last time we had batayaki our guests asked if the zuchini were cucumbers.

Dylan said...

So funny. so classic!

Missy said...

Hey Becca! I probably wouldn't have know what the bean spouts or napa (cabbage?) were either! I've never had batayaki before...I'll have to try it sometime!

The Reichmans said...

When are you coming to Utah? I really would love to see you when you come.

BEESTON said...

LOL, that is funny. I have had the same thing happen to me, especially with the Napa Cabbage. (This is Dave btw)