6.15.2008

i love my daddy.

Devin was initiated into fatherhood "officially" on this his first Father's day....
In the rush of the morning getting ready for church i sat hugh down (bare-bottomed) on the floor to play with some toys while i filled up his bath. I peeked in to find him just sitting there smiling & content. Literally 2 seconds later...I went back in to see him crawling away.
"Ahhhhhh....," I yelled with a laugh, "...worst case scenario!"
Hugh happily crawled away and left behind a smelly (log-shaped) present on the rug.
Happy Father's Day!
It is really all he could give....

Devin really is the best father! He lOvEs his little boy. he constantly asks, "hugh, where is your football?" in a dead serious voice. I love it!
He keeps hugh laughing and smiling...and brainwashed to love sports. hughie loves his daddy and gets so excited to see him when he gets home from school.
i can't imagine life without this amazing man to raise a family with. I wouldn't survive!

Thank you, dev, for the homemade yams at thanksgiving...i don't think i will ever forget those..., the blessings & prayers in the middle of the night, sucking out snot boogers as a team, supporting me through hypnobirthing...eventhough you thought i was crazy, making hugh a stylin boy, sneaking into "your" room every morning & night, being patient with hughie's crazy (sometimes over-worried) mom, and for working so hard at dental school for our family!
i love you dev!

ps I need my personal assistant back in my gp class.
ever since you left... my lessons are on a downward spiral. not kidding.

4 comments:

Angie said...

the perfect father's day gift.

Robin said...

Becca you are great! and Hugh is a cutie! I love the hat pic. Little boys are so sweet (especially when they sleep well! haha) Thanks for all the sleeping advice. Happy Dad Day to Devin. and don't worry. Daniel is brainwashing little Diego just as much with sports. He loves to watch the Lakers games too!

Jason and Kate said...

Happy Papa's (or should I say pooper's) Day! Devin is truly a perfect match for you.

The McClellan Family said...

All I have to say as at least it was in log form and not mush or liquid - I don't think Kate has had a full formed dooky yet.