lately devin is soooo tired. He literally falls alseep within 20 seconds of hitting the pillow.
It is depressing. I have all these topics ready to chat about and .... oh no... he's asleep.
I think being in the clinic this semester has really worn him out. He isn't as busy this semester, but I can tell it is more demanding & stressfull because he is worn out!!
So last night...same scenario. (this is at 1030pm on a saturday night). Devin's head hits the pillow...20 seconds later.... asleep. Oh great. Becca wide-eyed staring at the ceiling....hmmm.
So i went downstairs and dug through a bunch of books I want to read. I decided to start reading at night while the deebster is sawing logs.
But i guess once I fall asleep... I'm asleep.
I finally did fall asleep and was awoken at 245am by devin. He woke me up and said, "the tornado sirens have gone off 3 times now... i think we better go to the basement."( The tornado siren is a high pitched noise that goes off when a tornado is coming) Devin had been watching the news and looking online and they were saying "take cover now!"
So we snatched hugh out of his crib (He cried at first, confused at why we were disturbing his slumber) and went downstairs. I was scared.
I grabbed the laptop and a bag of diapers on the way down.
It was pouring rain.
I held hugh and waited for destruction.
I have heard you are supposed to hide under a mattress or blanket or something to protect yourself from the shrapnel...but i felt like i didn't know what to grab. Not too long after we were downstairs we checked the internet and the tornado warning had moved on to iowa.
So we went back upstairs and went to bed... grateful for our safety.
7 comments:
Oh my gosh! So glad that you are safe. I can't imagine living with twisters...
I have been through two hurricanes and I will take them any day to a twister. At least with hurricanes you have a couple of days notice to take cover.
well good thing debo at least wakes up for emergencies. BTW, Thanks for intro to pickypalate aka makeyoufat blog.
um hello! that is scary! My husband does the exact same thing! I can't believe it. Sometimes I wish I was so lucky! I love falling asleep!
Bec-
boy i remember those days. power out, hiding in the only room without windows, trying not to act to scared with the kids there. There isn't anything to replace that anxious worried feeling while you wait and watch the news. I'm glad your sleepy husband awoke.
Scary stuff Becca. My mom's family is from a small town outside of Lincoln, so we would go there about every summer. I remember I would always be stressed about the possibility of enduring a tornado. The worst thing I ever did was read a book called "Night of the Twister" about a tornado that hit Grand Island, NE. It ruined me for life.
Oh my gosh- SO scary, I'm glad you guys are ok- We may be moving to IOWA soon so you will have to give me some tips if we do about dealing with tornado's. I think just hearing those sirens would be scary enough
Post a Comment