i used to save the butter-filled squares of my waffles till the very end. oohh...
the savory taste of those last waffle squares swimming in butter & syrup. yum.
i still have vivid memory of one of my brothers coming up and stealing my last bite of waffle...and how in shock i was that he had deprived me of the buttery delight i had been saving.
or the feeling of jubilation when I go through the check out line at Target, my basket full of an assortment of random items - some i need and some i dOn'T. (the target trap)
and then when it comes time to pay...almost as if i am keeping a secret... I whip out a gift card!
I remember approaching the mailbox back in the "writing -a- missionary" days. I would pretend to casually peruse out to the mailbox with my heart beating like a drum until i opened the door and there it was.. little distinct envelope adorned with foreign stamps with devin's handwriting addressed to me! Giddiness.
BUT none of these mere delights can compare to the pure JOY of being a mother.
hughie has infused a joy into my life...that i did not know existed.
I wanted to share a moment of joy with you.
ENJOY.
13 comments:
I watched it over and over and just laughed! I love that he just wants to eat the wipie thing.:)
that video is very cute! I just love his cute little laugh.
Becca you write so well. You should be an author. But I totally understand the waffle thing- and I agree- being a mom is the greatest. I JUST LOVED the video. That giggle is so cute.
Matt does that to me with skittles. I save all the red and purple ones until the end. I like to have a war with them by pushing them together unil one cracked and then I would eat the broken one. I would do this until I found "the strongest one"
Hughbert is cute. He lights Gabe's day too. Come over and play with me.
Becca you are so great at expressing the joys of motherhood. They make life so good.
Dang cute video!!! He is such a cutie!
Oh yea one more thing, was that Ty who stole the last bite of waffle, because it sure sounds like him. :)
So dang cute! I am happy to hear that you found our blog! Well, Jayson is also obsessed with BYU football so we will of course be watching all the games and you guys are more than welcome to join us anytime!
oh his laugh is so cute!!
I totally agree-Ryan brings me more joy than anything I have ever imagined possible. Being a mom is full of opposites-it is so hard but more wonderful than I ever realized. Hughie is darling!
That video made me laugh so hard. I can see the joy! Hugh is cute.
that was the cutest thing. devin is so cute with hughie. i watched it over and over and then made corbin watch it over and over. too cute. thanks for that...we enjoyed it!
You really are an excellent writer. I can literally taste buttery waffles right now.
What a darling post. Hugh is so adorable. Love the hair! J.D. loves the swiffer and broom too! Another fun one is Costco paper towels. He played with them for a good hour.
Post a Comment