Among all his other amazing qualities which would take days to list....(one day)
my sweet husband managed to pull off the best birthday surprise ever!
It all started when I told him all I wanted for my birthday was a day of shopping! What can i say -- i like to shop! But as my birthday drew near he informed me that the shopping spree would have to be small...because he had a big surprise in the works. He said he had "ordered" the gift late..and it wouldn't be there for 7-14 days. I quickly assumed..."oh...7-14 shipping days" ...and that was that. Over the coarse of the waiting period I would sometimes wonder what the surprise was. I thought it might be a chinese/english/pinyin book of mormon ( i really want one!) or a new recliner? or ??. Devin was really excited about it...and my friend kept telling me it "would be hard to top." Somedays I even forgot anything was coming. So on a monday, devin informed me the present would arrive on Friday. I just figured he must of "tracked the package" and found the delivery date listed. So on Friday I was outside playing with Hugh (like i usually am) anxiously awaiting my present. Devin had informed me that he was picking up the package.
I saw the jetta driving in....and i got excited. Then I noticed a blonde chick in the passenger's seat. I wondered, "who is this blonde chick....and what does she have to do with my present?"
And then.........
The car got closer... my heart filled with that beautiful feeling of family love (the spirit) as I said outloud, "It is my sister!!" Devin had arranged for my sister, Kate, to come to omaha!
I could not have been happier!
We had sooo much fun. Stayed up late. took afternoon naps. Kate helped me with my fashion sense (or lack of), we did yoga and lifted weights, I gave her my normal share of lectures (especially on they way to work out class), she loaded and unloaded my dishwasher (OCD), she made comments in my gospel principles class, walked around Old Market. M's Pub. Went to Creighton to see the Dental Clinic. We lAuGhEd! We visited the church history sites and felt the spirit! We got up close and personal with the gorillas at the zoo. Panera for lunch. we talked pregnancy and babies. we watched little hughie's birth video. (scared kate :)). we played with hUgH -- my own little personal assistant. I curled her hair. ate orange rolls...mmm. batayaki. talked & talked & talked.
Hugh was on cloud 9 having a friend around all the time. Kate was the reason I weaned one of his feeds because he wanted to play & find kate instead of eat. We went to a birthday party to have desert and i looked around for a second and couldn't see kate. I was wondering ..." did she go home?" "did she feel stupid?" and then i woke up...and remembered this is kAtE! She was over on a picnic table chatting it up with total strangers. Same thing happened when I got home from a dental alliance activity. She was over at the neighbors watching "prison break & biggest loser" like they were best friends. ha!
I went through serious withdrawals the day after she left. It was sad!
Guess you will have to come again! And this time...bring junior!
Kanesville Tabernacle
first tabernacle built by the Church
Brigham Young traveled back from Salt Lake and was sustained a prophet here.

Winter Quarters Visitor Centers
this is an awesome visitor center filled with the spirit & faith of the pioneers!
Winter Quarters Temple 
Henry Doorly Zoo
Hugh was loving the gorillas 
Creighton Dental Clinic
Old Market
5 comments:
that is going to be hard to top!! great job Devin.
Love it! That is exactly how I felt when Mikey suprised me with Hebo! Way to go Devin!
You sister is awesome. I am glad I got a chance to meet her and chat with her a bit. Good job Devin! nothing is better than a sister to hang out with!
What a great surprise!! Looks like you made the most of your time with your sister!
What a thoughtful surprise! Sounds like you guys had so much fun. I didn't hear you recount a show tunes reenactment. PLEASE tell me that happened too?
Post a Comment