12.31.2009

"I remember, trying not to stare the night that I first met you
You had me mesmerized
And three weeks later, in the front porch light
taking forty-five minutes to kiss goodnight
I hadn't told you yet
but I thought I loved you then...
And now you're my whole life
now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you...
Like a river meets the sea,
stronger than it's ever been.
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then"
Then by Brad Paisley


I love this song. It makes me teary-eyed when I hear it because it rings so true. I remember when devin and I first exchanged the L word. We were a mere 19 years old and thought we were totally in love. And we were.
Looking back...that sweet, youthful love pales in comparison to the love I feel for my sweet husband now. It runs so much deeper.
We spent our anniversary keeping up with our rambunctious 2 year old and revelling in the angelic nature of our newborn baby girl. Not the most romantic, but very jOyfull. We did sneak out (thanks to my mom) to have a date... we went to the movie, Invictus.
Love you Dev!
Happy 6th Anniversary! (december 30th)

7 comments:

Ashley K. said...

Congrats you two!

Maranda said...

Happy 6th Anniversary! I haven't told you congratualtions yet on your beautiful little girl! What a crazy story about the entire labor and delivery. If anybody could handle that situation though, it would be you Becca! I'm glad both you and Tomi are doing great and are healthy. Can't wait to come visit and meet your new little one!

Robin said...

Sooooo excited for you guys! I was dying when Daniel told me you had her on Christmas. And happy anniversary! Wish we all still lived near each other but love to look at your blog to see the updates. Tomi is a cutie! PS you look great...as always!

melissa said...

Happy anniversary! I have loved watching your relationship with each other...from nerds to missions to having babies!!!! We love you guys and are anxiously waiting to be your neighbors! Happy baby tomi too! Can't wait to meet her. xoxo

AshleyS said...

congrats on your new little one, and on your anniversary. what a fun time for you guys. hey, will you email me your email address? ashleySspencer@gmail.com. I made my blog private and wanted to send you an invite.

Kathy said...

Becca, I've never had a baby that fast, not even number eleven. You came through it with a smile on your face. I don't have to tell you to enjoy motherhood. I can see it demonstrated already by both you and Devin.
We're here to fulfill the measure of our creation and when the kids sing in Primary, "I am a child of God," HE HEARS!! Bless you and know that you are loved.
Grandma
PS. The babies are darling!!!

Brady and Audrey said...

Little Tomi is so beautiful, I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to meet her!