12.15.2009

Watch out...or you might just get called as the "gingerbread specialist"
Every Christmas they put on a big gingerbread display at the Kanesville Tabernacle & Winter Quarters visitor center. We went to check it out as a missionary activity with some new members and investigators. Some of the houses are amazing! I wouldn't have a clue how to do it...but these members out here are pros!


Everything is made out of food!




We have had tons of snow lately! Devin's school even got cancelled for a day & 1/2 last week. Hugh played out in the snow with me and his friends, but unfortunately didn't last very long due to a tumble in the snow with his gloves off. Cold! He had a lot more fun when his daddy came home to play!! He made snowballs, but mostly liked trudging around in the snow in his boots. (which he has been begging to put on since i got them out this winter)

He LOVES snowmen. We read 2 books about snowmen every nap and bedtime. It has been fun to read about the baby Jesus and the real meaning of Christmas with him, too. Lately when he is playing with the little nativity scene i let him have...he requests that I sing the "angel song" to him. (Angel's we Have Heard on High) When he hears silent night he knows that is the "baby JeJe's song" He loves to run down every morning and turn on the Christmas tree lights and had fun making christmas cookies for his 2 best buddies, jack & o! He helped me deliver Christmas popcorn in subzero temperatures to our neighbors and i would tell him to say "Merry Christmas"at the door....but it mostly just came out "chrisss tree" or just a blank stare while he handed over the popcorn. He loves to eat a chocolate from his santa claus advent calendar (which the people at walmart, walgreens, and hyvee have never heard of....) And look at all the christmas cards on the fridge. He LOVES the "cha brown song" (charlie brown christmas song) and could listen to it on repeat forever.

one funny thing that he is saying that i don't want to forget...
He calls the outlet in the wall a "ghost." He always points to it and says, "ghost....ooooooh!" If you look at the outlet it does have two eyes and a mouth kind of like a ghost. :)

One last quilt....
And then I am done for a season...
This one i made for hugh for Christmas so. shhhhhhhhh.....



This material was actually kind of a challenge to match. I struggled on this one.
I couldn't find any cute red material that would match the BRIGHTNESS of McQueen, but i made it work. I hope hugh likes it...because that will make all the difference.




4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Becca your quilts are so so beautiful!! I am very impressed. So it's crazy how cold it is out here- we got hammered with snow this past week and ben's school got cancelled too- hope I can survive this for 3 more years!!!!

Jason and Kate said...

Very fun! I'm excited to see how Wyatt likes the snow. I'm guessing it won't be that fun for him...just cold! Cute boots by the way. I'm going to Target today to purchase some for my trip to UT.

Miche said...

It has been too long since I've been checking on blogs. Your quilts are adorable Becca! Well done! :) And I was giggling at Hugh's "blank stares" or "chriss tree" comments at the delivering....they just don't do things on cue do they?! :)
Hope you are feeling well. I am so excited for your baby girl to come. :) Love ya!

Kelly said...

Becca I LOVE your quilts. Must learn. You look so cute prego! Sound like your living up Christmas Omaha style!