12.28.2009

There is something about having a baby...
that widens and deepens my love for my husband.


Devin saved me. He was up and organizing everything in the middle of the night while I was breathing through contractions. He shoveled through thigh-deep snow to create a pathway for us to walk. He had already cleaned off the car the night before to prepare for whatever may come. He helped me communicate to the triage nurse...and then as labor progressed ever so quickly, he calmly demanded that we get going! He coordinated with our neighbor to come over to be with Hugh and packed a bag of clothes, a few presents, and necessities that hugh might need.
He used his mad-driving skillz to maneuver through the snowy, (not yet plowed) streets and arrive safely & timely to the hospital.
He had to negotiate with a clueless snow blower man for a wheelchair and finally ended up calling the hospital to get a wheelchair downstairs ASAP. He instructed the security officer to get me to labor & delivery NOW.... because they insisted that he go park the car. He arrived to be by my side and encourage me through the 2 pushes before baby was born.
He took care of hugh while i was in the hospital and has been super dad now that I have come home. I could never do this without him!

I guess God's plan in sending a sweet little angel baby to our family is working to bind us all closer together.


big brother with "baby tobi"


12 comments:

Missy said...

She is so beautiful! I love the look on Hugh's face...you can tell he just loves her! So sweet!

Sarah said...

Wow, what a whirlwind. We are so glad that everything turned out so well and safely! She is beautiful!

Jason and Kate said...

So cute! I just love Hughie's face when he was holding her. What a great big brother. Go Debo!

Bonnie said...

Congrats!! She is beautiful! I love what you said about Devin. Sometimes the husbands are forgotten through all of this. I can't believe all that snow! I have to say, I don't miss the snow that much..but I did a little bit on Christmas day.
You look great by the way!
Have a Happy New Year!!

Unknown said...

Wow what an adventure. What a happy and cute family you guys are! Congrats again!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

She is beautiful!! congrats you guys. Way to go Devin on being super husband!! Love you guys....so happy for you!

Andrea said...

So jealous that 2 pushes was all it took! I must have funky anatomy or really crappy pushing skills!

Way to go on such a darling family.

Ashley K. said...

Congrats! I love all these pics. What a beautiful babe. I'm with Andrea on the pushing... only I never even attempted it!

Kelly said...

This post makes me teary eyed. I can totally picture Devin takind charge and being the hero. Congrats Becca. She is beautiful. And why are you so cute and showered???

Chelsea said...

A big congrats to you guys!! Becca your blog entries are always so well written- what a cute little mom you are and what a beautiful BABY!! So happy that everything went so well and that you were able to get to the hospital on time. Boy the storms out here are so crazy, i could see how that would get so in the way of getting to the hospital. Good luck with the next couple weeks!!

Church Family said...

Baby Tobi...:) is so sweet Becca. She looks like Hughie did to me which means she will be just as CUTE as her big brother. We are so so happy for you guys and hope you are feeling well.

Erin said...

Congratulations!! She's beautiful! Good work mom and dad!