6.11.2011

A simple flood of JOY has entered our home.
This sweet little baby girl has opened my heart and caused it to grow. A new love has come forth...
A precious love for this sweet new babe.
A deeper love for my dear husband.
A concentrated & concerned love for my now BIG girl Tomi & my Big boy Hugh.
And a loving gratitude for God and His gift to me.


I won't lie...when my mom left it was accompanied by mutual tears. {and tears throughout the day} But who doesn't love having their MOM around? And who doesn't hate to see their MOM go?? The days have been filled with moments of extreme love for this sweet baby & my other 2 beautiful children...and moments of discouragement, tantrums {by the 3 yr old, 17 month old, and ME!}, & exhaustion. Let's just say there are a lot of moments when my patience is running very thin. My sister said I can blame it on the hormones! So i will. :)

Overall. We are all adjusting well. Hugh is being unbelievably soft {amidst jumping on the couch and a near miss of baby Mae's head}. He has got the soft kisses & hugs down. Tomi has the cutest pucker face as she loves to give baby Mae kisses and hugs with her round head. She hasn't quite figured out how to be soft all the time as she likes to throw hard objects in mom & baby's direction. Whenever baby Mae wakes up and begins to cry...Tomi immediately says,
in the cutest low voice, "bebe," and b-lines it to my room where Mae is. She has been dragging her own babies around the house as well. It is pretty crazy how I said goodnight to my little baby girl, Tomi, and then came home from the hospital to this VERY LARGE, CHUBBY, HEAVY, GIGANTIC TODDLER. My little Tomi just doubled in size, I swear!



5 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

That was such a great post. So honest and beautiful. They love you just as much as you love them!

Slivka Family said...

Congratulations! Mae is so sweet and it makes me excited to get our little girl here. But this post was so ture it also adds to my anxious eagerness. Good luck!

Annie said...

Congrats on that new sweet babe of yours...you guys sure know how to make 'em! And I'm right there with ya, I cry my eyes out every stinking time my mom or Leslie leaves. Heck, I even cry when Ladd's little brothers leave!

Maranda said...

Congratulations to you and Devin! She is adorable, as are your other two. They've grown so much, especially Tomi. Loved your post. You are great at expressing how you feel through words, something I struggle with but admire greatly in others!

Miche said...

Oh Becca- I've just been thinking of you so much. My sister-in-law just had her new baby and I was holding him last night and not only did I get soooo baby hungry because there truly is nothing sweeter than that little bundle- but my baby Lucas looked surprisingly enormous!! :) Her and Tomi truly will be best little buds. So I was laughing at her wiggling out of the swaddle because everyone told me to swaddle Maile all tight and she would seriously grunt and fuss until she wiggled out and then let out a sigh of relief. :) ha ha. If Mae is anything like Maile you're in for quite an adventure as she was a stubborn little thing but now that I know her and her spunkiness it all makes sense and I look back and just have to smile. Beijos!