6.17.2011



This was my first moment with 3 kids... all on the same couch at least.
I was instantly overwhelmed. I only have 2 arms and both of those were needed to hold the wobbly newborn! What about the poking fingers of the 17 month old...or the jumping, bouncing 3 yr old? I had a moment in my head when I thought to myself, "What have I got myself into?!"

Of course with every new change there is a learning curve. And believe me...I am still learning. AND will ALWAYS be. But with each new baby...i hopefully CHILL out a little more. We all know {especially the Deebster} that I could use a little of that. I was borderline cRaZy with my first little baby, HUGH.... We are taking it one moment {meltdown} at a time. :)

Since I am scared out of my pants to go anywhere with 3 kids {without devin} we have tried to get creative @ home.
Fortress anyone?

cutest picture ever. my 2 little buddies chillin outside. I send them out whenever I can. They don't seem to mind the 100 degree temps....

....as long as they have a popsicle in tow.

And what would we do without DADDY?? Honestly...I love this man like I can't explain. You should see the excitement on these kids faces when DAD gets home. They are almost as happy as I AM!
We ventured out to Best Buy the other day {our first outing}...with a big BUS stroller AND a shopping cart following each other around the store. {that was just to hold the kids} Of course we received looks & comments -- "you're busy!" I murmured to Devin a little discouraged as we were loading the car..." I feel like the Brady Bunch." ....
He confidently calmed my insecurities and let me know in his tender way that WE CAN DO THIS. And that having these beautiful children is such a GOOD thing. Not to worry about appearances or challenges. YES...you betcha!
{That is why i married this man....even if i didn't know it back at the young age of 19 when I fell for him.}



Does it get any better than that??

3 comments:

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

looks like so much fun! I want to do the slip and slide!
Love your little family of 3!

Mommy Amy's blog said...

Becca, you are awesome! I hope to someday be as "chill" as you are! Lots of love to you guys!

Chelsea and Cody said...

Loved the post. Through all the ups and downs it is so worth it! So glad that you are all happy and well!